ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to use ArtRage canvas as board for e-learning screen casting to produce videos ?

Question How to use ArtRage canvas as board for e-learning screen casting to produce videos ?

Hello,
    This is Mohamed from EGYPT - Cairo.
    Please I am looking for help and any (how-to-do-so) technique to achieve my target.
    How to use ArtRage canvas as board for e-learning screen casting to produce videos ?
    Also if the canvas is full how can add any empty areas to continue? like adding new empty page.
    And to let you get an idea about what I am thinking about this is a very basic simple example for what I am looking forward to do :- (something like this one by Sal Khan)
    Please see this video
    h t t p :// w w w . youtube.com/watch?v=36v2EXZRzUE

Quote Originally Posted by mdghbrhn View Post
    Hello,
    This is Mohamed from EGYPT - Cairo.
    Please I am looking for help and any (how-to-do-so) technique to achieve my target.
    How to use ArtRage canvas as board for e-learning screen casting to produce videos ?
    Are you just making videos or do you intend to stream the event live? Because you could use Livestream for both, using Livestream For Producers. It'll allow you to stream the lesson live and also allow you to save the stream as a video.

If you're just going to record your actions for videos to put on YouTube, you could use something like Camtasia or the Camstudio. Camstudio has limited features in comparison to Camtasia, but Camstudio it's free. I use Camstudio for my ArtRage YouTube videos, but I have to do my editing in a different program (Magix Movie Edit Pro). Camtasia can apparently do the editing part as well as the recording, from what I've heard.

Also if the canvas is full how can add any empty areas to continue? like adding new empty page.
    Creating a new layer and hiding the old one should work. You could also simply clear the original layer (Edit > Clear Layer), but this method would mean you couldn't go back to that information later, if need be.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Are you just making videos or do you intend to stream the event live? Because you could use Livestream for both, using Livestream For Producers. It'll allow you to stream the lesson live and also allow you to save the stream as a video.
    No need for the live stream at all for the time being but thanks for suggesting the idea and for sure it may be an option later on .

If you're just going to record your actions for videos to put on YouTube, you could use something like Camtasia or the Camstudio. Camstudio has limited features in comparison to Camtasia, but Camstudio it's free. I use Camstudio for my ArtRage YouTube videos, but I have to do my editing in a different program (Magix Movie Edit Pro). Camtasia can apparently do the editing part as well as the recording, from what I've heard.
    Yes we have techsmith camtasia license and we gonna use the following equipment:-
    1) wacom intuos pen small tablet clh480.
    2) artrage4. (canvas as a board)
    3) camtasia.
    4) Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone.
    These are what we have in mind so far, so please if there are any extra suggestion please do so.

Creating a new layer and hiding the old one should work. You could also simply clear the original layer (Edit > Clear Layer), but this method would mean you couldn't go back to that information later, if need be.
    My problem is that I do not know how to handle working on canvas as a board, especially if the canvas is full what shall I do then? Please note that using various layers will not solve the issue because it is still existing in the space.
    I am thinking about if there is any option to add a new page or something a like.

Thanks for your time

I haven't used Camtasia personally, but I'm going to assume it's just as easy to begin recording with it as it is with Camstudio and Livestream Producer (which is essentially, clicking the record button). So I won't bother getting into that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by mdghbrhn
    Please note that using various layers will not solve the issue because it is still existing in the space.
    Right, but that's just a mater of hiding the layer by clicking the eye icon on the layer panel or better yet, using a shortcut key to do it.

Maybe this will work better for you needs...

First, you need to set up a shortcut key to clear your scribbling layer:

Go to Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts and locate the "Clear Layer" option, under the "Layer Commands" group.
    Left click on the "Clear Layer" title, to open the input box for assigning a key, and press the key that you wish to use for this action. (I recommend using your "Delete" key).
    Click the "OK" button to accept the changes.

Now, to set up your presentation:

Import any image you plan to draw over as a new layer, using "File > Import Image File to Layer"
    ○ You may opt to either import them in the order you will present them, or rearrange the layers after you've imported them. Just be sure they are arranged so that the first page you plan to show is the layer on the bottom of the layer stack, and the last page you plan to show is on the top.
    With all of your layers imported (and in order), hide all of them but the bottom layer. You can quickly do this, by holding the "Alt" key on your keyboard and left clicking on the eye icon of the bottom layer. You can also do this by left clicking on each layers eye icon (but remember to leave the bottommost layer visible).
    Return to the top of the layer stack and create a new layer there (be sure to select the top layer before creating the new layer, so that it is placed on top).

With that done you'll have one empty layer to scribble on, which will be on top of all of your presentation images. When you start the presentation, just be sure you have the top layer selected, and start scribbling. When you're done with that layer or "page" , click the eye icon for the next layer above it, so that it will be visible again (hiding the page beneath it) and then clear the top layer of your scribbles by hitting the shortcut key you set up ("delete"). Continue this until you've reached the top layer/page.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    I've an old version of adobe 9 photoshop CS2 and after a lot of trials and errors I've found a trick to do so by resizing canvas to 1280 x 30000 pixels
    this way i can do the screen casting with HD
    I've made a short video to clear this out in case any one want to make use of this trick

using adobe photoshop canvas as a white board for screencasting and scroll down if it is full

http : / / youtu.be/VJDv125tCCY

Thanks
    Mohamed GadAllah