ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intuos 4M buttons/commands on ArtRage 4.

Intuos 4M buttons/commands on ArtRage 4.

Hello,

I just download ArtRage 4s demo and I'm trying it with my Intuos 4M tablet. As you might know, this tablets have a set of buttons with pre-set orders that aren't working with ArtRage 4. For example, precision mode works. The only issue I'm having is with the tactile wheel, making zoom and choosing the sizes of the pen doesn't work, for example.

What should I do? This works perfectly on Photoshop CS6 and Corel Painter Sketch Pad.

Thank you very much!

Hello and welcome Zubi
    Both the buttons and the touch wheel can all be customised by the user to fit the specific needs of different apps.
    To set these you will need to go into (Mac OSX) System Preferences > Other > Wacom Tablet.
    In there you will be able to select the tablet (if you have more than one), the app you wish to setup with the selected tablet and then set custom actions for the touch wheel and all the pen and tablet buttons.
    You can also set how the tablet maps itself to your screen/s.
    Hope this helps some.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello and welcome Zubi
    Both the buttons and the touch wheel can all be customised by the user to fit the specific needs of different apps.
    To set these you will need to go into (Mac OSX) System Preferences > Other > Wacom Tablet.
    In there you will be able to select the tablet (if you have more than one), the app you wish to setup with the selected tablet and then set custom actions for the touch wheel and all the pen and tablet buttons.
    You can also set how the tablet maps itself to your screen/s.
    Hope this helps some.
    Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for the answer and the welcome. All the settings are right(I also own a Mac), everything is on and should be working, as I said, it does work on other programs. I thought it had something to do with the program settings or perhaps it has something to do with the demo as some features are limited.

I'm planing to buy the program because its great and natural, I'm a beginner on digital painting, I've been painting for two years now(I could have work much more, honestly). But even tho I own the Mac and the tablet for the same time, I barely use them as I had a terrible time learning Photoshop. Now I'm very surprise of how well ArtRage 4 works and I'm totally jumping on it, it feels natural and there is nothing to be learn about the program to get started, its very intuitive and I'll learn the "pro" things with time.

Again, thank you for your help(sorry I went a bit off topic).

I don't know if the demo is limited in how it works with tablets but I would be very surprised if it was.
    If you look at the attached shot of the Touch Ring preferences you can see what to set if you want to control Brush Size with it.
    Personally I prefer holding shift and dragging the cursor left or right on the screen to change brush size. To which end I have set the forward pen button to act as the Shift key.
    I find it responds faster than changing size with the ring. At present I only use the Touch Ring for canvas Zooming and Rotating.
    But that is the great thing about Wacoms, they are infinitely customizable to what best suits each user!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 21.59.12.png
Views: 195
Size:  102.5 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Here is how I have it:

Name:  Captura de pantalla 2013-10-17 a la(s) 17.06.53.png
Views: 163
Size:  104.2 KB

Its on Spanish, but you can see the first one(who ain't working with the program) is the same.

What do you think?

No te preocupes, puedo leerlo.
    First, I see from your screenshot that you have yet to load ArtRage into the tablets preferences.
    The default settings that are in the tablet preferences will work perfectly with Photoshop as you found and you need do nothing more. This is because PS and Wacom are so widely used in the graphics industry it makes sense for Wacom to have their product instantly usable with PS and vis versa. However these PS presets may not work so well with other apps like ArtRage.
    If you've not used your tablet for a while it's drivers may need updating. You can find the latest one from Wacom here: http://www.wacom.eu/index4.asp?lang=en&pid=29&gm=3
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	77426
    Last edited by markw; 10-18-2013 at 06:49 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:

My thanks Mark, I appreciate all the work you're taking with me.

I've try to add the program but its working partially. For example, the zoom only works one way, rotation works fine but sizes of the pen still doesn't work.

Here a video where you can see some of this things:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjB8tduSf4s

Muchas gracias
    Last edited by Zubi; 10-18-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Well that's certainly strange strange Zoom behaviour! I've not seen that before!
    So yes my first gambit would be to download the most recent Wacom driver and instal it and lets see where that gets us…

You don't need to instal any of the past Drivers sequentially, just the latest one for your OS X version.
    The latest one for Mac OS X versions: 10.6 (Intel), 10.7 UND & 10.8 is; pro637-2.dmg, release date 11/10/2013 and is at the top of the Driver Download page. If your Mac OS version isn't covered by this driver, scroll down the page till you find the last driver that was released for your Mac OS version.
    All the drivers are self contained and do not require any code installed by earlier drivers to work.
    ˇBuena suerte!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Well that's certainly strange strange Zoom behaviour! I've not seen that before!
    So yes my first gambit would be to download the most recent Wacom driver and instal it and lets see where that gets us…

You don't need to instal any of the past Drivers sequentially, just the latest one for your OS X version.
    The latest one for Mac OS X versions: 10.6 (Intel), 10.7 UND & 10.8 is; pro637-2.dmg, release date 11/10/2013 and is at the top of the Driver Download page. If your Mac OS version isn't covered by this driver, scroll down the page till you find the last driver that was released for your Mac OS version.
    All the drivers are self contained and do not require any code installed by earlier drivers to work.
    ˇBuena suerte!
    It work!

Zoom is perfect now. The only issue I've is that apparently I don't have the option to use the wheel for the size of the pen, here a picture:

Name:  Captura de pantalla 2013-10-17 a la(s) 22.29.39.png
Views: 164
Size:  122.0 KB

Although from the picture you post above I take that I'm looking on the wrong place.
    Last edited by Zubi; 10-18-2013 at 09:36 AM.

ˇEstupendo!
    Mira...
    Name:  Captura de pantalla 2013-10-17 a la(s) 22.29.39.png
Views: 165
Size:  149.2 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff: