ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ... à la Modì ...

... à la Modì ...

A portrait of a friend of mine with a vague inspiration to Amedeo Modigliani's style.
    I would attach also the 60% "multiplied" image version where colors are stronger ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eugenio portrait.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	345.5 KB 
ID:	77403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eugenio portrait reinforced.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	370.9 KB 
ID:	77404  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Shouldn't he be in a toga or something? And loose the glasses and let's get him some oak leaves. . . Come on people <clap clap> Let's get the historic details straight. This is a period piece. No wrist watches, no tennis shoes. They may have used them in the movie Spartacus. But I'm not paying this historical consultant to stand around at the catering truck. . .

Oh. . . wait. . . where am I? Oh right. . .

Nice picture Caesar. . . Your friend looks patrician, despite the slight quality of caricature. It's very impressive as being very descriptive of features and convincing. I assume it resembles him.

You're getting very clever with your economy of marks, a style that suits you very well.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank You, dear D Akey.
    Actually I improved it a little bit and the likeness is really satisfactory notwithstanding my lazy attitude to economize and borrow other people vague style suggestions, from Modigliani in this case.
    Here's the last issue then (look at the glasses, outline, lips and a few other touches) ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eugenio portrait 3 reinforced.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	361.9 KB 
ID:	77405  

Haven't a clue who he is but great sketching , Caesar

Hail O Caesar O mighty One good to see your back in form STATTE BBONNE Si Si

Well, you've got the slightly exaggerated neck and head tilt from Modigliani ..., but other then that, the style is all you my friend!!
    I like these!, they present quite well the image of your friend effectively and with a skilled minimally effort on your part! Enjoyed viewing them,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-18-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Dear Jean, he's a friend of mine who's also a doctor working in my company too to keep us screened and healthy. An absolutely nice guy, very spontaneous and friendly. Thank You!

Thank You, dear ATPlus the Old! Actually I got now some of Your past obsession for Amedeo Modigliani style, although I unfortunately didn't apply to some charming lady this time.

Well, dear Steve, apart from my personal touch, the long neck, filled eyes, head tilt and the palette are, to some extent, typical of Amedeo Modigliani unique style I took as a reference. Modigliani was a quite renown sculptor and then painter (for health problems) from Livorno who worked successfully in Paris in the early 1900 decades and died still pretty young (36) in hospital. Considering his start and appreciation in Paris, he would have possibly become one of the top class masters of that century if he only lived a couple of decades more, alas ... Thank You!

AS FAR AS YOU MAY WONDER ON WHAT HE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE AND CHECK ON LIKENESS I WOULD ADD HEREBELOW HIS PICTURE I USED AS A LOOSE REFERENCE ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-17-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Another great work Caesar,you have captured his likeness in your Master style .Well done mate! ...also you are on a roll Dear Caesar!

Thank You, dear Scott!
    I got a long wave to surf on with my brush-board and I have no obligation towards reliable techniques, approach, process and accuracy, since I'm not under any contract or commercial arrangement paying me, so I just paint down quickly inspiring ideas and curiosities.

A pleasant looking person, Cesare, and a complimentary portrait of this important person who watches over the health of so many.