Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Ah so good to hear from you AndreaMG!... another beauty I like the work in more neutral tones to provide the contrast to the face with of course your brilliant brush work! SUPER!

Awesome work ! The contrast between fine details of the face and large brushstrokes of the hair is perfect ! My only crit would be about you signature that I personally find a bit too big compared to the canvas size. Keep'em coming !

A lovely painting. As i am new to drawing and painting i use references so that i can understand shapes and light and shadow. If i find an image particularly difficult i will trace a little to get the proper proportions. I don't like tracing and would love to be able to paint from imagination. Perhaps practice will allow this. Once again, excellent painting.

I really like the paint effects around the area you took farther -- in other words, that drippy watercolor bit feels really authentic to me as part of the lay-in process.

Great seeing you coming through on a fly-by with this goddess like a hood ornament on your magic carpet.

Go Andrea!!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    Ah so good to hear from you AndreaMG!... another beauty I like the work in more neutral tones to provide the contrast to the face with of course your brilliant brush work! SUPER!
    Thank you Dear Gary glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by YoannLori View Post
    Awesome work ! The contrast between fine details of the face and large brushstrokes of the hair is perfect ! My only crit would be about you signature that I personally find a bit too big compared to the canvas size. Keep'em coming !
    Merci beaucoup Yoann you're so right that signature it's too big and it even makes appear the picture smaller. Ciao Vive la France!

Quote Originally Posted by annlou View Post
    A lovely painting. As i am new to drawing and painting i use references so that i can understand shapes and light and shadow. If i find an image particularly difficult i will trace a little to get the proper proportions. I don't like tracing and would love to be able to paint from imagination. Perhaps practice will allow this. Once again, excellent painting.
    Thank you so much , my advice is to paint from real life (even if I do not do that).

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I really like the paint effects around the area you took farther -- in other words, that drippy watercolor bit feels really authentic to me as part of the lay-in process.

Haha thank you my dear friend, Artrage always surprises me as well on how it sometimes make things look so real CIAO

Great seeing you coming through on a fly-by with this goddess like a hood ornament on your magic carpet.

Go Andrea!!!!!!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Well, congratulations to you and Your bride then .... LOL
    So glad You're back exhibiting Your stunning portraits in here too!
    It means You recovered from our last derby matches shocking outcomes ....
    In the meanwhile we avoided to unpick the scudetto. After five years I'm afraid it became a chronic disease.
    Well, it's time to complete the unfinished job in Champions League now. Next time neither Bayern, nor Barcelona will escape, whatever favorable episode they may enjoy!

Ahh, btw, congratulations to Sir Claudio, or rather sor Claudio, we're gonna meet in CL next edition of it!
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-03-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Ciao carissimo Cesare, sai che io sono di Torino, pensa che l'altro giorno quando avete matematicamente vinto avrò sentito si e no due/tre clacson (tantè che ho pensato che fosse qualche sposa ), ormai siete così abituati a vincere che non esultate neppure più, è ora di lasciare qualcosa anche agli altri no?

Comunque brava Juve (ma forza Toro) grazie mille per i complimenti CIAU ne

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Ciao carissimo Cesare, sai che io sono di Torino, pensa che l'altro giorno quando avete matematicamente vinto avrò sentito si e no due/tre clacson (tantè che ho pensato che fosse qualche sposa ), ormai siete così abituati a vincere che non esultate neppure più, è ora di lasciare qualcosa anche agli altri no?

Comunque brava Juve (ma forza Toro) grazie mille per i complimenti CIAU ne
    Ecco come ti è venuto fuori questo magnifico ritratto! La sposa cioé.

Magari si farà di meglio alla conquista della Coppa Campioni e in tutta Italia ... ehehehe. Peccato solo che, vedendo le semifinali, questo era proprio l'anno buono e nonostante due arbitraggi contrari in modo non ininfluente, siamo andati a due o tre minuti dall'aver eliminato il Bayern e meglio di come l'ha fatto l'Atletico. Pazienza.
    Poi ci sono ancora gli interisti con la loro presunta superiorità nelle coppe internazional, quando poi noi le abbiamo vinte di tutti i tipi e lor otto finali di Champions, ancorché perse, due contro squadre nettamente inferiori nel pronostico, se lo sognano. Mah ....

Cmq Toro almeno in UEFA league alla prossima, mi raccomando!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

John Singer Sargent's "A Parisian Beggar Girl"

This is my take on one of Sargent's early works, model was Carmela Bertagna who was also portrayed in a self-titled picture. She looks more like a bride to me than a beggar but different times different fashions I guess Funny thing is that I found out that it looks like he was pretty obsessed with some of his models (that's the reason that they came out so well), for instance he literally begged the beautiful social climber Madame Pierre Gautreau to be painted by him in what came out the "scandalous" "Madame X" painting Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carmela Bertagna 1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	464.0 KB 
ID:	90559

It's such a great painting on so many levels. I love the colors and especially the long lines using your skill at expressive strokes. Really has an Orientalism spin like so many of the realist paintings from the late 1800s or there about. What is more, she looks like an angel posing as a beggar. Some of us are able to see that for real. Compelling to see it in a painting. Gives it power and mystery.

The only thing that I might suggest is that the angle of her begging arm/hand resolves where it connects to the shoulder a little more anatomically correct. I have no idea what your source image looks like, and this may be accurate to it, to my eye it looks a little detached or hyper-flexed.

Anyway, I really love this image. Thanks for posting. I like the foray into this kind of story telling and costume. You're nailing it. Good to see your work again, Andrea!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream