Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    It looks like You became a Pre-raphaelite or so now ... You did a great job here!
    Thanks Dear Ceasar, I guess I am a post-pre-raphaelite ^_^ congrats 4 the after 9 o'clock version!
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 11-27-2013 at 03:16 AM.

You should be happy with the final result, its fantastic
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks Dear Coops!! I'm pretty happy with it, but I felt the making process was not so fun because the interpretation, the brush strokes were already there... however maybe in the future I will try something a bit more challenging and I will try to make it a bit mine.

As for the Aft 9, You're welcome! I hope it met Your wish and expectations, dear mate!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

It's fantastic. If you're not going to copy another work, it means to me you're ready to move forward, and certainly not because you can't pull these off. Wonderful stuff and you clearly have an extremely good handle on form and color and you have an excellent understanding of how the old artists did what they did. Can't wait to see what you're going to come up with on your own. I can only imagine when you get into posing your own models where that will take you.

You can still refer back to all the old painters for ideas and inspiration certainly. But I think even the old masters can be brought into contemporary times, while still having all the flavor that existed back in those paintings. I really loved that period and unfortunately, I must confess that I would have preferred to live back then because of all the costumes and beautiful hair styles, and goddesses of mythology and all that romance and rich style.

But with you having an affinity for that kind of thing, I am sure your decision will bring wonderful paintings into the world. And on top of that, I should think it will be all the more fulfilling an experience for you.

This pose you painted, while as you call it 'minor', I don't see it that way. I mean it's not epic in subject, but to be able to paint the head as you have done with all the beautiful finesse, it's far from minor, because what it took for you to make this painting can be applied in other contexts with major results. Brava!

Go go go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I didn't have the guts to go with Waterhouse , so instead I went with my second best painter, John William Godward. This is one of his minor works . I'm pretty happy with the results (I like the trance/ecstasy expression), however I don't think I will ever again reproduce another painting, It's just coping, and was not so fun... Anyway here we go (14 hours, no tracing):

Click on the picture to watch it larger
    Attachment 77997
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey, thanks, you make me blush, you are too generous! I wish I had a model like was Rose in Titanic movie for Jack Thanks again, your support means a lot! Bye

I'm smiling a little bit reading D Akey comment because he correctly used the feminine congratulation form:brava.
    The fun is that while in the rest of the world Andrea is feminine while Andreas is masculine, in Italy Andrea is masculine and there's no feminine form apart from a false diminutive form, Andreina. Therefore I guess that Andrea, unless coming from another country or foreign parent, since he apparently lives in Italy, is a man and would require the masculine form, i.e. bravo.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Lindsay now is (kinda) polished

Hi Everyone, now Lindsay is (kinda) polished; I kept the "dirty" look and used A LOT of frosting to simulate the freckles
    Check her out at pag. #3.

AndreaMG,
    First, thanks for visiting my thread and
    your kind comments.

'LINDSAY!!!!!
    Like your edits to Lindsay... 'Do I dare say...'Your portrait of her has reached the final stage of excelence?... Then again, is a painting ever done in its makers eyes? Don't quite know what that means?....But, maybe!.... 'It's done when it's done'?

Seriously!... I truly admire your sense of perfection and your persistance in obtaining it!
    Clearly!..the results are justifying your admirable drive to this end!
    I applaud you my friend!
    Take Care,
    Steve

My Gallery:
    http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...-UPDATE-11-29)

Hi Dear Steve, my friend, thanks for the kind words!! You are far too generous It's always a pleasure to visit your thread, too.
    Lindsay's painting was not up to the others so I had to do it. In my case unfortunately EVERY TIME I look at one on my painting I find something that I wish to change, something that now I would have done in a different way, however the exitment of beginning new paintings is so much stronger and so I keep going (and now I hear that the lovely Sarah Michelle Gellar is calling me!)

P.S.1: I like your new avatar, is it the younger version of you?

P.S.2: I had to give up on the Surface because it went lost/stolen in the shipping process, fortunately I got the refund. This fact made me realize that me and the Surface were not meant for each other so I ordered a Cintiq 13HD instead... Hope this one will arrive at the destination!

Thanks again for stopping by. With Sarah I will put everything I got. Stay tuned and thanks for visiting!