Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Great work on both paintings Andrea !!

Thanks Dear SCP
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Give Me a Second Go ♬ ♪ ♫

Lights Bokan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLRkyGU3cM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lights.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	82287

Double-click on image to enlarge!
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 08-04-2014 at 10:17 AM.

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Haha, nice one Dear Andrea, cute girl but you know I'am stuck in the Sixties when it comes to music.....
    Take care friend....
    Steve
    P.S. Is it just me or is everyone being redirected to this threads first page?
    Had to go to your 'View Forum Posts' to reply....
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 08-04-2014 at 06:42 AM.

yeah like Steve I'm way back with who's been polishing the Sun and Hang out ya washing on the siegfriend Line then later

A slow Boat to China and Green Door Andy your gal were you tired or just deliberate on the detail

Ciao STATTE BBUONO....Si.................Si

Curiously I can only enter Your first page of this thread today. I wonder what happens ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

... and curiously it seems to have accepted my reply, but I cannot read it .... We should ask the Rage boys probably.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Ow. Caesar. Do you think it's something I may have done Ciao

Wow, never heard of this particular goddess -- the house goddess of fresco painting and all interior decoration. She's very cute and the video is wonderful. I'm not a huge fan of auto tune. But what an awesome look!

I like how you took her music video and employed the colors she used. I once have a very respected painter I was lucky to have as a teacher tell me to consider white as a color not merely for mixing. I know you wanted to take the idea and use it in your style, but it might be interesting to have her on a white canvas and to select where your colors go, more in keeping with what they did in the music video. It might make it a little more open feeling.

As you did it, in this case, it's fine for one choice of how it could be done. But unless you're doing a series in which all of the pieces have the same aspect ratio, or something like that, you may want to consider opening out some white canvas, then using layers the girl, then try experimenting with the amount of color and various marks with pure colors, such that it is more like a vignette. White as a color can certainly a good thing, but for me, because I was so into color and into the process of orchestrating all the colors, that I somehow got away from that particular color. And you can always crop in if it turns out the space around the model is excessive.

So that's just a thought. Not perhaps for this particular subject, but that video was very visually effective and can be used for the notion of how they used color. And the look of smeared streaks of paint as another alternative to your usual.

This is a nice painting you've done. So keep going with what you've been doing, by all means, when you're after this look. Just thinking aloud of how to expand the vocabulary and like I implied, that lesson from my long ago teacher popped to mind, so I thought I would pass the idea along to you.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Haha thank you Dear Steve glad you liked it

Haha thank you Dear Eighty, it's called avant-garde mon amie But now that you mentioned it I was a little tired too STATTE BBUONO

Thank you Dear Caesar for checking in, someone must have sabotaged my thread, but you know what thay say, "many enemies, much honour" (just kiddin ). Now it seems to work again so please come back and leave a comment, come back, come back
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJIQDBWQkZE

Thank you Dear D, I've thought about doing it several times but for whatever reason I never actually did it, but I think it might suits my style very well. Here's some Michelle Dunaway's painting done in that way:

Name:  Dunaway1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  Dunaway2.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  163.0 KB

Name:  Dunaway3.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  249.7 KB

PS I read you went to Disneyland, I was there many many years ago and the lego thing was not there at the time but I really enjoyed it. Cheers
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 08-05-2014 at 07:38 AM.