Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Hahahah. Yes, Caesar. There's an old classic Blues song called "Dust My Broom". And while I'm not sure what all those lyrics were about, I would think you're not too far off. You even put in the Devil at the Crossroads, and all that rich legend stuff.

Dust My Broom

I'm a get up in the mornin'
    I believe I'll dust my broom
    I'm a get up in the mornin'
    I believe I'll dust my broom
    I quit the best girl I'm lovin'
    Now my friends can get in my room

I'm gonna write a letter, telephone every town I know
    I'm gonna write a letter, telephone every town I know
    If I don't find her in ? (Matilda or West Hills, Lord) ?
    She be in East Monroe I know

And I don't want no woman
    Want every downtown man she meets
    No I don't want no woman
    Want every downtown man she meets
    Man, she's a no good doney
    They shouldn't allow her on the street, yeah

I believe, I believe my time ain't long
    I believe, I believe my time ain't long
    I ain't gonna leave my baby
    And break up my happy home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGxeQKQs-0
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear Andrea, I would like to complete/ finish or make a real, nice painting of the first illustration one day, but I hardly believe the artistic side of it would ever prevail ...LOL As for the second one, I think that the poor old devil trying to invite the witch is far too old fashion looking (too masculine, no baby face, no tattooes, clumsy with smarphones, not extremely trasgressive and without the proper pills fior the rave). So no hope too attract her.
    Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey! I'm certainly far from Goya's nightmares here, but I don't use lead based paints and to put brush tip hair in my mouth, as he unfortunately used to do. Thank you also forthe fine song (and text, because my ears too aren't perfect anymore). It's hard to get into the singer's mind here, because even probably understanding what happened to him, he's still in the undeciding and schizophrenic state up to the "happy" end.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

New Entry

Quick painting using the "stiff style"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVV.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	485.4 KB 
ID:	81632
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

There's a touch of elegance being successfully projected in the minimal amount of brush strokes you've applied to this study, feelings and emotions
    have been captured beautifully within the limited boundaries you set upon this painting.
    Nicely done my friend, now get back to setting up your PC.......
    Steve

Hi Andy good to see your still firing on all cylinder's as you've been a bit quiet thought maybe you've had a bust up with

Avril?? , but what is the Stiff Style ?? STATTE BBUONO Si.....Si

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I didn't have the guts to go with Waterhouse , so instead I went with my second best painter, John William Godward. This is one of his minor works . I'm pretty happy with the results (I like the trance/ecstasy expression), however I don't think I will ever again reproduce another painting, It's just coping, and was not so fun... Anyway here we go (14 hours, no tracing):

Click on the picture to watch it larger
    Attachment 77997
    this paint I very like ,It's so exquisite , look like really oil painting , I much admires your indomitable for long time too.

AndreaMG... I am very impressed with this black and white the beautiful way you captured the eyes and facial structure and yet can see brush fibers that define each, but the mouth is very soft so give a very feminine and appealing quality to this most impressive work...

Love the BW. Really skillful use of the brush, to the delight of all the brush wielding folk. We can appreciate the skill it takes to do that so effectively. I can see you whipping through the painting like a band leader with baton.

Good value selection as well.

I think there must be great value (speaking of values) in knowing your subject so well that you can virtually snap your fingers and have them materialize fully formed like a Genie from a lamp. Really cool.

Love the skull necklace detail. Hahah. A subtle hint of the genre flavor. Interestingly, all the subliminal advertisers in magazines selling cigarettes and alcohol (it is said) used to slip in, as a "second read", skulls and sexy a goodly amount because there is some part of us that is pulled in by those images. . . I know it's sort of iconic these days of metal and goth paraphernalia and all that, but it's both seduction and at the same time a badge for the vampire club. . . and other dark characters. BWWWWAAAaahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

------

And as to the second one revisited, it's really a pleasure to see. But I can appreciate your considering it a little bit of a chore copying someone else's work. But you did it really well none the less.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you Dear Steve, I'm so flattered, I chose the B&W to make her look even more classier, so glad you find it elegant!! Take care Dear friend

Thank you Dear E+, being a bit busy with other things , "stiff" simply means that I mostly used the brush with the stifFness maxed out STATTE BBUONO

Thank you Dear hcwswdj, "indomitable"?!?... YES I AM Thanks

Thank you Dear Gary, you're a fine observer, as a matter of fact her edgy eyes are compensated by her lovely lips Ciao

Thank you Dear D, haha you're right I know every inch of her face by now, but you know... she's got such a lovely skull . Glad you liked her necklace too, it's what really defines her The Vampire lady gives you her regards and says thank you XD Ciao
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 06-30-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Wow, what a fantastic thread. Really like your style. Have to go through it at least once more, but I thought I'd let you know that I enjoyed the ride. Thanks very much for that. Really great work!