Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

A lovely lady, Andrea

Aha! I didn't get the references to video games and all that, nor did I go quite that literal with reference to the helmet with that black swath. In this new found context it takes on a whole new meaning. I had only ever thought of Valkyries in the form of an operatic singer I once saw in a clip from an old movie -- a woman, middle aged and rather overweight, dressed up in stage armor and shield and the helmet and she was pointing her spear downward in some dramatic "I'll kick your ass" moment when she would hit the high notes, in a boiler room maneuver that threatened to blow off her breastplate. And I had found it quite perplexing as to what they must have been thinking to believe anyone would look at this little film clip and think to themselves excitedly, "Oooh, Lovely. We've got to see the whole of this performance, Mildred! Let's get tickets and make a night of it!!!" I'm afraid I very much prefer The Lord of the Rings over the Ring Trilogy. And the game, I while I would love to play it, I don't have the game console.

So you'll perhaps forgive me that I missed the references. But they're good ones. And yes, it's clever in the context of your immortal goddess series.
    Last edited by D Akey; 06-11-2014 at 05:26 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Fantastic paintings AndreaMG like the Vamp angle and also the Valkyrie influence !

Hi Andy To cheer my self up and being your painting's allways drive me up the wall I've had a go at your Gal the one in profile ok E+ a Fan of your's STATTE BBUONO Si....Si

Thank you ^^

Thank you Dear Jean. much appreciated

Haha thank you Dear D, what a funny story, but to my knowledge Valkyries are deadly serious, they mean business, so maybe in that respect it was true to the mythology, as far as the Lord of the rings I'm totally with you even though the books are so much greater than the movie adaptation ^^

Thank you Dear SCP!! I used a trick that I saw in your last video (the horizontal flip) which I was aware of but it didn't come to my mind for some reason , my brain is easily "drugged" by the painting that after some time even a three leg woman might look right

Thank you Dear E+, your paintings inspire and cheers me up as well! KIA ORA and STATTE BBUONO
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post

Thank you Dear SCP!! I used a trick that I saw in your last video (the horizontal flip) which I was aware of but it didn't come to my mind for some reason , my brain is easily "drugged" by the painting that after some time even a three leg woman might look right
    Hahaha Nice ! Glad I was some help The " Flip" is power lol

Don't be shy... Come and meet me after 9 o'clock ;)

Don't be shy... ♪ ♫ Come and meet me after 9 o'clock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broom.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	485.7 KB 
ID:	81491
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 06-16-2014 at 04:04 AM.

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

so Thats where Everybody's Gone I did wonder why it was so Quiet Andy STATTE BBUONO Si..Si

Hi Andrea....
    Quiet indeed .....Is this one offering me a ride to where everyone has gone this weekend?
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Thank you guys