Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Thank you so much again Dear Steve my friend

Thank you so much Dear SCP

Haha, Dear D, the movie is funny and the story is very limited, basically there's a new chick in town (Vampire girl) who is actually well... a vampire who falls in love with a boy who is already taken (by the girl who will later on become Frankenstein Girl). Vampire girl turns this boy into a creature of the night, his girlfriend goes berserk and dies in the attempt of killing her rival. The father of the poor girl, a mad scientist, brings her back from the undead and so the supernatural fight between the two begins! In the final battle, at the Tokyo Tower , Frankenstein Girl will succumb and the poor guy will be turned into a slave with the purpose of serving Vampire girl's thirst
    If you want to watch something from Japan truly deep and powerful and out of every scheme I recommend the movies from Sion Sono, well known for the unsettling Suicide Club (children don't watch it), but who also directed Love Exposure, a (4 hours!!!!!!) movie which is in my opinion a real masterpiece, a love story to the extremes

Name:  Love_exposure_poster.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  77.6 KB
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 06-08-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Oh, I love your last painting of Michelle Dunaway and the color palette a lot. Beautiful work

Vampire-ghostly Tweak ^^

Thank you so much Dear Pai

Sorry guys I couldn't resist, after all the Vampire talking I tweaked her a little bit to add a ghostly touch (watch 'em in HI-RES at your own risk )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dunaway.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	480.0 KB 
ID:	81386

Close-up X)

Name:	DunawayC.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	463.7 KB 
ID:	81387
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 06-08-2014 at 05:57 AM.

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Valkyrie Profile ^^

Enough with the Vampires Now it's time for Valhalla's Valkyries

Name:	Valkyrie Profile.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	485.1 KB 
ID:	81395

Close-Up:

Name:	Valkyrie Profile Close-Up.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	473.8 KB 
ID:	81396

Valkyrie....Cool!

Dear Andrea,
    I'am sure Odin would be quite pleased with this Valkyrie, and when it comes time for her chosing, I guess
    it doesn't matter....the field or the Hall, might be fun to party down with Odin....but hanging out
    with Freyja sounds like fun as well. But all in all...is it a win win situation either way?
    Nicely done friend.....love the side profile choice!
    Take care,
    Steve

Again some delicious fresh food in Your shop, as usual, dear Andrea! I also appreciate You activity as a film critic on movies I don't even know to exist and Your knowledge of modern Japanese culture, a place where many of the most weird, peculiar and extreme fads and movements exist since some time. It looks like though that at least one lovely japanese girl didn't appreciate Your peeking, but fortunately she doesn't know the umbrella gesture, so the vaffa is of a sensibly smaller size ... LOL Seriously You paint as master and I would publicly thank Your muses (You never stumble in an old cozza though and it helps).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

AndreaMG....Impressive!... love the transparency of this that show the brush hairs and canvas texture, and knife work...you are really gaining a style here and mastering its evolution from the first rough , tentative brush work early on to this mastery... very well done !!.. exciting to see. I really like that black mark it really sets off the other brush work and the composition is much stronger for it IMHO...

I'm totally nuts about this last one too - the profile. GREAT integration of strokes and color bits woven in like hair extensions or something. She looks beautiful and dazzling and all that you were probably aiming for. The stuff you do seems to heighten the impression given by the sight of a naturally alluring girl. It's makes them really stand out. Great color selection and very clever use of the AR tools, especially noteworthy is the palette knife (I think). How it sharply cuts in with color, which gives me a double impression where on one hand it's additive like make up or something, and on the other hand it's like we're scratching the surface thus revealing inner layers of colors. And to me that implies psychological dimension. And I strongly think your selection of the kinds of marks and their placement is really satisfying.

Also loving the continuance of your delightful Gothic vampire girl, hahaha. Very fun.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you!!!

Thank you Dear Steve!!!! While painting I remembered that beautiful rpg (Valkyrie Profile) which was basically a story about a warrior-maiden Valkyrie (Lenneth) sent to Midgar (the world of humans) by Odin to recruit the souls of fallen warriors in order to save both Valhalla and Midgar from Ragnarok, the end of the world. It's the best game ever (together with FF VII). Joining the Valkyries and Freyja in the battles above the clouds? Count me in!! But not today I don't think I'm ready for that yet, maybe tomorrow?
    Here's a link of the SPECTACULAR soundtrack of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxtw0a8Fio

Thank you Dear Caesar, I do love Japanese culture X) I do not remember why the girl made that obscene hand gesture, maybe she received a phone call by some Italian Revenue Agency official? Cerea

Thank you Dear Kenmo for you kind words

Thank you Dear Gary, you're very kind and you're perfectly right, that black mark (which symbolizes the feathers in the Valkyrie helm) makes a statement and changes the key of the whole painting. I also noticed that the white area outside her profile looks like a warrior, how cool is that since she is a Valkyrie?

Thank you Dear D!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you liked the Vampire tweak too

Name:	The_Ride_of_the_Valkyrs.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	367.2 KB 
ID:	81409
    "The Ride of the Valkyries" by John Charles Dollman
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 06-10-2014 at 08:57 AM.