Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Like your paintings better without the reference pictures, 'With'...'at least to me..the impact is diminished and I'm required to comment on how close your painting resembles the original Steve
    Thanks Dear Steve, I decided to took the reference pictures away because they were distracting and furthermore they usually win the eyes, that's not so true though when you begin to abstract things but doing that you are painting a vision and not something real... I'm glad you liked it! After the boys now I'm waiting for the girls! Cheers take care

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Thanks Dear Akey, you are right she looks like she is openly posing... She is adorable, isn't she? The mirror and the shadow are in the right place, I doubled checked the original and pictures of the speedster online, from the painting the mirror looks close to the body, it is the perspective that gives that impression.
    In reality it is detached by quite a long bracket which is shown as shadow over the car body. Damn what a sexy car. Next I will polish Lindsay and then I will reproduce a canvas from my favorite painter (J. W. Whaterhouse, don't be afraid master, I will make it right . Thanks again for the compliments!!
    What a masterful and painter of romantic subjects indeed was Waterhouse. He may be tough to please though -- his models look spent or in armor, both of which suggest you would do well to please him. :-)

Right. About the side view mirror. I looked it up too and it isn't elliptical, like a circle in perspective. It's sexier and designed like a stylish pair of 1950s glasses lenses. Interesting detail. There is a subtle difference between yours and the photo, the same as would be noticed in doing a glamor shot where the woman is wearing sunglasses. They can be interesting shapes and it's important to nail.

Well you keep up with all this perfecting your art and you'll be having the crowds go wild for your stuff and singing your praises.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Some nice paintings here!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Well you keep up with all this perfecting your art and you'll be having the crowds go wild for your stuff and singing your praises.
    Haha Thanks Dear D Akey, being famous and all I might have more chances to meet Avril and Emilie .

I triple checked the mirror... you are right, they are slightly different, I will correct it

Regarding Master Whaterhouse he was undoubtedly a very precise painter, he was so precise that his mythological or historical characters were brought to life thanks to his flawless technique. Man he was good! Most of his paintings appear even today so modern (at least to me), and he was also able to paint stunning things with few brushstrokes (as in "the flower picker"). I might be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that after having almost finished a painting (and he used to paint on massive canvas) he was not happy with the results of the hands and discarded the whole thing... So I agree with you, I think he must have been hard to be pleased, but I will be respectful, I promise!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jibes View Post
    Some nice paintings here!
    Thank you Jibes! I looked at your gallery, very good and distinctive works. Thanks for stopping by!

I admire a painter who paints a beautiful girl in a blue dress leaning over the fence and picking a flower. . . and then paints the same pic again close up and naked. My kind of painter! He clearly was ahead of his time -- anticipating the day of the internet LOL. The heck with all those tense "dis-topias" like 1984.

Anyway, say howdy to Avril and Emilie. And for what it's worth, I was in a gallery in Beverly Hills one time too long ago to remember. But there was an artist named Aldo Luongo, who had a super quick, doctor's office style who made a gazillion bucks having done posters of a kiss (I think I spelled his name right) who was having a one man show. He was a handsome lad with tight jeans and good hair -- appearing very Beverly Hills of the time. And on the wall was a portrait he had done of Dionne Warwick. And in she comes to the gallery and wonder of wonders, she bought it and was very pleased and flattered. Either that or she liked the painting or was adding to her personal scrapbook.

I also had a friend from high school who loved rock stars and really was nuts for the Rolling Stones, again back in the stone age. And he went over to England with a camera and photographed them, and ended up selling them shots of themselves that he took. (I don't think Paparazzi had gotten so ugly at that point). And he got to hang out for a time with The Stones and Rod Stewart -- don't know how much, but he got noticed in a good way.

Anyway the point is that stars like images of themselves. And they usually have money to burn so tossing some to a flattering artist is not out of the question, especially when it's beyond the level of unskilled, though devoted fan art. I mean if it's a thing of beauty and very flattering, I think you could in fact catch the eye of the likes of Emilie and Avril -- depending on context and your approach and all that.

Just a 'For What It's Worth'. . .

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Haha Thanks Dear D Akey, being famous and all I might have more chances to meet Avril and Emilie .

I triple checked the mirror... you are right, they are slightly different, I will correct it

Regarding Master Whaterhouse he was undoubtedly a very precise painter, he was so precise that his mythological or historical characters were brought to life thanks to his flawless technique. Man he was good! Most of his paintings appear even today so modern (at least to me), and he was also able to paint stunning things with few brushstrokes (as in "the flower picker"). I might be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that after having almost finished a painting (and he used to paint on massive canvas) he was not happy with the results of the hands and discarded the whole thing... So I agree with you, I think he must have been hard to be pleased, but I will be respectful, I promise!!!
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-20-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice portrait

I really love the mouth area it's so realistic

Admire your ability to bring to life a person in a portrait ... I like Uma Thurman (hint ) ... Especially the car scene at the end of Kill Bill 2 and Goodnight Moon ...

ps: ArtRage has great tools for your style, did you give up on Procreate because you wanted to work on a surface larger than an iPad? ...
    xiěyì, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Amazing painting, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

D Akey thanks for sharing your stories, always a pleasure to read your posts , ultimately I think it's in the human nature to adore/worship someone unreachable, I mean we are humans, they are Gods, and humans, since ancient times, used to portrait gods

Thanks Niloc and Coops for your nice comments!!!! Stay tuned the best is yet to come

Thanks Chinapete for the kind words even though I think we are at the opposite of the spectrum regarding the painting approach.
    Regarding Procreate I think it's a very well done program and some people were able to produce AMAZING stuff with it (take a look at "chaseroflight" works), but I struggled with it because I don't paint with airbrushes and using the brush tools there's no real blending; the program is damn fast but mainly uses the GPU, which is not capable of doing complex calculations like the impasto effect in Artrage, so if you want to achieve something that doesn't look like a Photoshop drawing, but that still retains a realistic look to it you have to use a lot of transparent layers which is a pain (at least it was for me). I personally find Artrage of another league, it not perfect but it really doesn't limit me in any way. The second factor is obviously the possibility to draw on a larger scale for a much more accurate work.