Page 47 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

I love the second one. That array of colors is like a prismatic aura -- very eye catching and beautiful. And it seems like a reference to the old school veils that women wore way back when. But it seems quite modern and inventive. So it seems to me to have the element of Time telescoped in on one painting. It gives her a timelessness. Consider the old Kirilian photography which shows energy emanating from an organic source. At one point they experimented with a leaf cutting part of it away and shooting it again. And the original shape where the other part of the leaf was joined was still present as if it was still there. And it's been suggested that full shape held the code for that organism. Ultimately it faded and disappeared. But for a time it remained.

So consider for a moment that there might exist such an imprint for the Soul. And that the physical form conforms in some way to that throughout various incarnations where certain characteristics would be present. The implications are wide ranging, fanciful or not. Being an artist is about ideas after all. Seems to me that Soul imprint could represent immortality of sorts. And to me it looks in this painting like it is holding a special energy for a goddess to come into a mortal form with all the limitations that a physical form would have.

Google Images for: "Kirilian Photography" -- my linking didn't work.

As to the re-worked one, it's fine. I think it feels heavier than the first one which seems more delicate. For example, her nose is drawing more attention, for good or ill. She feels more like a naturally dark complected girl having dyed her hair blonde as often seen with Latinas. And that's not a criticism. It's just the impression it gives me owing to more contrast.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed these. Great work as ever.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you Dear Steve my friend. Cheers

Thank you Dear MKROOT

Thank you Dear D, I like the tweaked version because her hair look like fire and ashes but you know my latest baby is the one I prefer too I didn't know that effect... cool Something which reminds old school that is fresh and modern... that's what I'm after! So glad I came close with this one
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

AndreaMG... wow two very fine paintings!.. I like the way you are beginning to work more color and brush work into the faces and it integrates well with the rest of the painting... the second is really a big move forward I think and portrays a very strong personality and talented painting.... very very well done.

Such lovely work Andrea. It's always a joy to see your latest one(s)!

Andrea, wonderful techniques, very beautiful work!

I love the second one a lot, the color works so well with her expression. Beautiful Andrea

Stunning work Andrea. Congrats !

The last one is really gorgeous
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Another couple of marvellous, shining portraits. I waited some time before makinh any commet to let You elaborate the mourning for Toro's bad luck at the very last minute ... Ciau né? Mi dispiace, ma al prossimo anno farete cose ancora migliori.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!