Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Wow! I had to look up Avril to see what she looks like, online and to see her standing beside (her boyfriend/husband/some guy?), she is tiny. The spikes could keep people from patting her on the top of her head.

I like the new hair. It takes on a festive flair almost like streamers on New Years.

I know nothing about this star, but with the spiked dog collar on her head like the Statue of Liberty, she actually could be of a Statue of Libertine. Unfair play on words I know, since she may be sensible and down to earth and conservative and into welcoming the tired and huddled masses. . . but hey, it's her statement with the head dress, hahaha. Anyway, I like the hair a lot more. With her eyes and smile as you have painted them, it spins it to a feeling of extreme joie de vivre. And it certainly makes for an exciting portrait.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

hahaha Thanks dear D Akey!! You are so good with words, are you a professor or something? Avril is tiny but her attitude is tall Thanks again!

AndreaMG,

"Did you do something with your hair?"
    HA HA!
    Really enhances one's recognition of your subject...Great job! 'Love what you did with the adjustments on Avril !
    'Crisp and smoother!
    Take care,
    Steve

Thanks for visiting the Boys, I answered your questions...

Thanks Steve, tomorrow I will polish the second painting

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    hahaha Thanks dear D Akey!! You are so good with words, are you a professor or something? Avril is tiny but her attitude is tall Thanks again!
    Professor, alas no. Would have been fun I think. I really enjoyed teaching life drawing when I did that though. The class was over a fun bar and the last day of class I took the whole class downstairs and bought them pitchers of beer until the little money I made teaching the class was exhausted. Nowadays I would be afraid of liability getting them all plastered. But I loved it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The class was over a fun bar and the last day of class I took the whole class downstairs and bought them pitchers of beer until the little money I made teaching the class was exhausted.
    Ha ha, must have been fun Looking forward to your precious suggestions for my future paintings! Thanks for stopping by.

Second painting now is polished :)

Hi Everyone, I polished a bit my second painting (mainly her face). Hope you like it (go to page #2).

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Hi Everyone, I polished a bit my second painting (mainly her face). Hope you like it (go to page #2).
    Yeah, it looks so good now something else jumps out -- check the ellipse side view mirror. . . I mean since you're going for perfection. Everything else is really great. Once you take us past the point where technique and mechanics are in evidence, as with really tight paintings, you then suspend disbelief that it's actually right there happening and that we're looking at anything other than the subject of your painting. And so we respond to the scene.

She looks like she's poised waiting for a verbal gambit to start the scene. Phew! Gorgeous and on a posh face/character like that you have to have everything in place and perfect.
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-18-2013 at 06:08 AM.

AndreaMG,
    Beautiful!, stunning!, and popping with a natual touch of the 'endless senerio possibilities!......'Emilie!....one more photo please?
    She hears the faint request...slows the car...and turns slowly with a smile....SNAP..SNAPSNAP..SNAPSNAPSNAP!!!
    'That's my imagenation kicking in without the reference photo!
    Yeah!, I know...bit much!
    Like your paintings better without the reference pictures, 'With'...'at least to me..the impact is diminished and I'm required to comment on how close your painting resembles the original... I enjoy them on their own!, delivered with your own natural ability and artistict style!
    Not!.. a criticism, just my personal opinion!
    Love all your work,
    Keep them coming!
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-18-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Apparently, i can't spell...Punctuation was tossed years ago!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    She looks like she's poised waiting for a verbal gambit to start the scene. Phew! Gorgeous and on a posh face/character like that you have to have everything in place and perfect.
    Thanks Dear Akey, you are right she looks like she is openly posing... She is adorable, isn't she? The mirror and the shadow are in the right place, I doubled checked the original and pictures of the speedster online, from the painting the mirror looks close to the body, it is the perspective that gives that impression, in reality it is detached by quite a long bracket which is shown as a shadow over the car body. Damn what a sexy car. Next I will polish Lindsay and then I will reproduce one of the canvas made by my favorite painter (J. W. Whaterhouse... don't be afraid master, I will make it right ). Thanks again for the compliments!!
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 11-18-2013 at 09:36 AM.