Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Thanks SCP for the input and nice comments! I'm not happy with her hair, next portrait I will try a different approach.

She looks great

Thanks justjean Your portraits are great too!

Smile AndreaMG Gallery (Updated)

Hi Everyone. During the weekend I did this (it's Emilie De Ravin on a Porshe); It took about 14 hours. It's done watching a reference image (no tracing) with colors picked mostly from the reference pic for increased realism. EDIT: I polished the painting a bit. Hope you like it
    Click on the image to see larger picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porshe.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	77904
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 11-18-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Love the Speedster!....... Okaaay!, She's nice too!
    Alright!, She is stunning!!! Absolutely love your painting!

Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-21-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Actually I'm more familiar with Porsche cars than with Emilie De Ravin, so, at first, I rather saw a Porsche under a beautiful driver. LOL
    You really made an amazing work on both and got an extraordinary outcome.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I loved her in the TV show called Lost. . . at least until her character got mean.

So is she in a new show? Would like to see her in something again.

Your painting is luscious. The craftsmanship is very sensual and crisp. Reminds me of the kind of polished settings I would have expected to have seen Grace Kelly or some of the other Hitchcock leading ladies in. You made her so elegant and really got her likeness. Nice likeness of the car as well. They fit together so perfectly. Great job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks stevemawmv, the speedster is my favourite car! Thanks so much for the compliments dear Ceasar!! Thanks dear D Akay, you'ro too kind. I discovered her in the movie "Remember Me", if you haven't watched it please do (you too Ceasar), in my opinion is so well crafted (do not read any review first, it will ruin it). Right now I'm watching for the first time "Lost" and I'm at the beginning at the second season and I love her character (PLEASE NO SPOILERS ) Actually I tihink she still is in the TV business. You're right she looks like the fabulous Grace Kelly.

This is really well done

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    . . .Thanks dear D Akay, you'ro too kind. I discovered her in the movie "Remember Me", if you haven't watched it please do (you too Ceasar), in my opinion is so well crafted (do not read any review first, it will ruin it). Right now I'm watching for the first time "Lost" and I'm at the beginning at the second season and I love her character (PLEASE NO SPOILERS ) Actually I tihink she still is in the TV business. You're right she looks like the fabulous Grace Kelly.
    It never dawned on me that someone hasn't seen Lost. I'm glad you said 'no spoilers'. There shall be none from me. Enjoy it. It's a super intriguing series and I had never seen anything on TV like it. I still have several seasons of it sitting on my shelf in DVD waiting for the time when I have forgotten the story and can return fresh into that space as a viewer that they were so good at taking me to.

Keep painting! It's awesome. And if you get so inspired by TV and movies that you paint like this, watch LOTS (in addition to LOST) of TV. (Who the heck says 'Watch MORE TV'?. . . )
    Last edited by D Akey; 10-22-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream