Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Thank You, dear D Akey! What would my pride do without You, dear friend?

Thank You, dear Robyn, the merit is of the great masters who, like gamma-rays, ignite my modest artistic superpowers!

Dear Andrea, I would then offer You another little gift form my past efforts You may appreciate ... Bouguereau, Vettriano and Waterhouse, here they are!
    Before them I also elaborated on a Bouguereau painting with Eros and Psyché.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Masters copies.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	319.3 KB 
ID:	78812  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 01-09-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sooooo good Caesar!

As I anticipated, dear Robyn, they're mostly not my merit, but of the masters' painting I tried to replicate or emulate intuitively ... that makes all quite easier in order to get a pleasant outcome. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Dear Andrea, I would then offer You another little gift form my past efforts You may appreciate ... Bouguereau, Vettriano and Waterhouse, here they are!
    Before them I also elaborated on a Bouguereau painting with Eros and Psyché.
    I love them all Dear Caesar!

Hello Andrea,
    Been spending sometime studying your painting, and looking into the brush and knife strokes and how you incorporated them into
    your painting. And also reviewed J.S.S. works, and I noticed that his details, backgrounds and clothing are not precisely rendered to
    perfection when he painted. Which takes a lot of the load off me, because I like messing around with my backgrounds, and always felt I could have
    done a better job at them. Anyway, what I think I've learned is that backgrounds and visual items in the painting can be there, but
    the emphasis must be placed on the models face, with attention to the background accenting and enhancing the main focus, the first thing
    that grabs your eyes, the faces. A balancing act...of sorts? Feel better now, was starting to worry about how detailed my backgrounds
    should be. Sorry for rambling on, way to much coffee!

And by the way, I didn't receive my invitation to your gallery's event of our dear friend Caesar's work, love all of his paintings, caricatures and
    sketches and pretty much everything he creates. Were in very good company!
    Take care, you too Caesar, and continue
    painting these beautiful images!
    Steve

Andrea's painting of Miss Townsend....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miss%20Beatrice%20Townsend.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	278.5 KB 
ID:	78831  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 01-10-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Thank You very much for Your kind words, dear Steve!
    Being her and having Artrage since a very long time now allowed me to have a long list of paintings with quite styles and subjects I also tried to learn from masters I admired and tried to emulate, including floreal still lives I generally don't like too much. Unfortunately I also have, like and more any other amateur, a list of somehow frustrating struggles, poor works and unsatisfactory backgrounds or finishing.
    Nonetheless I always preferred to keep my works as a funny activity, thus within a reasonable time, effort and a limited, simple and manageable number of tricks and AR support tools, no more than the ones required on real paintings. I didn't enter into any business for my works, so I didn't need to specialize and work too hard and long to perfect "masterpieces". The most satisfactory performance are the ones which ended up as both effective and natural to make for me ...

Hello Dear Steve, you’re always welcome here like anyone else of course! My paintings are not meant to be mere forges, they are interpretations, because of the limitations of the program, the limitation of the reference image and the limitations of my skills, besides just copying takes all the fun away. Regarding the background of the last painting I must admit I was unable to reproduce the brushstrokes and so I took another route, anyway I think the background on this one is really dull (bad bad Sargent), so no harm done As far as the focus of the paint I think human face doesn't need any helps or tricks of any kind that's because there's a particular region of our brain that does only that, it recognizes faces, so no matter what the focus is always there, see for instance one of my earlier painting portraying Emilie de Ravin on a Porsche, even if the whole picture is very detailed the attention goes to her. That said I think your backgrounds are gorgeous! Cheers
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 01-12-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Learning from the Masters: HEAVEN (Morgan Weistling)

My take on a beautiful painting of the crazy talented Morgan Weistling
    Click three times on image to enlarge!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heaven.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	486.0 KB 
ID:	78864

Here's the link to download the uncompressed picture at native resolution:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/72f46a...ucd/Heaven.png
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 01-12-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Hello Andrea,
    This painting may have been orginaly painted by another artist, but you've certainly made
    it your own with your style and use of these wild brush and knive strokes, adding another
    dimension and flair to it, and I really like it!
    As always,
    beautifully painted!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Really impressive painting! You seem to be able to simulate the essential technique and spirit of any artist!