Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    D Akey has some great tips and I agree,with her hair I think larger clumps and less strands of hair(detail).Awesome work on her likeness and I dig her crown lol
    Creating from the mind can be the hardest thing of all,and takes lots of practice.Keep up the good work!

Thanks SCP for the input and nice comments! I'm not happy with her hair, next portrait I will try a different approach.

She looks great

Thanks justjean Your portraits are great too!

Smile AndreaMG Gallery (Updated)

Hi Everyone. During the weekend I did this (it's Emilie De Ravin on a Porshe); It took about 14 hours. It's done watching a reference image (no tracing) with colors picked mostly from the reference pic for increased realism. EDIT: I polished the painting a bit. Hope you like it
    Click on the image to see larger picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porshe.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	77904
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 11-18-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Love the Speedster!....... Okaaay!, She's nice too!
    Alright!, She is stunning!!! Absolutely love your painting!

Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-21-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Actually I'm more familiar with Porsche cars than with Emilie De Ravin, so, at first, I rather saw a Porsche under a beautiful driver. LOL
    You really made an amazing work on both and got an extraordinary outcome.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wow! I had to look up Avril to see what she looks like, online and to see her standing beside (her boyfriend/husband/some guy?), she is tiny. The spikes could keep people from patting her on the top of her head.

I like the new hair. It takes on a festive flair almost like streamers on New Years.

I know nothing about this star, but with the spiked dog collar on her head like the Statue of Liberty, she actually could be of a Statue of Libertine. Unfair play on words I know, since she may be sensible and down to earth and conservative and into welcoming the tired and huddled masses. . . but hey, it's her statement with the head dress, hahaha. Anyway, I like the hair a lot more. With her eyes and smile as you have painted them, it spins it to a feeling of extreme joie de vivre. And it certainly makes for an exciting portrait.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

hahaha Thanks dear D Akey!! You are so good with words, are you a professor or something? Avril is tiny but her attitude is tall Thanks again!

AndreaMG,

"Did you do something with your hair?"
    HA HA!
    Really enhances one's recognition of your subject...Great job! 'Love what you did with the adjustments on Avril !
    'Crisp and smoother!
    Take care,
    Steve

Thanks for visiting the Boys, I answered your questions...