Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Now I see, but I don't remember her clearly in Lost (what was her role/ part?).
    I saw this series few years ago, but I stopped little after the second series because I (and my family in this rare case of TV concurrence) started to find it changing from continuously enthralling and intriguing to more and more boring (sorry dear D Akey for agreeing with You only partially here) because stories and mysteries were piling up more quickly than solving, with many flashbacks, flashforwards, flashasides and flashindream. I had the impression that the actors and the events were becoming somehow more and more "pulled and tired", the characters more and more "manieristic", "picturesque", "statuary", less universal and with just a flavour of real international and cultural variety.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Keep painting! It's awesome.
    Thanks Next painting I will try a different approach: more brush and less knife, more loose, less polished, stay tuned! Caesar her role is that of a mum of a newly born child, but then she will became evil (thanks Akey)

Exclamation Update!

Hi Everyone! Lindsay Lohan in court (14 hours + 8 for polishing, no tracing).
    Click to see larger.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lindsay3.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	420.2 KB 
ID:	78724
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 01-03-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Nice Lindsay!
    I like the "more brush and less knife, more loose, less polished" direction on this one!
    Do miss the Freckles though,
    Again nicely done!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Nice Lindsay!
    Do miss the Freckles though,
    Again nicely done!
    Steve
    Thanks dear stevemawmv!
    Sorry for the missing Freckles; wait for the next painting of Lindsay <8coming in 2 weeks or so ... (I wish I had more tome to paint): I'm planning to do a super hyper mega detailed face!

Don't be sorry for anything, I like your painting of Lindsay!, in fact, yours has a more convincing look on her face then the photo! It wasn't a challenge, sorry if it sounded that way.

Always look forward to all your new paintings!,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    It wasn't a challenge, sorry if it sounded that way.

Always look forward to all your new paintings!,

Steve
    Hey don't worry! To me it sounded like a nice comment I like the overall expression of my painting, You're right I think it's more intense than the one on the photo (poor Lindsay). Thanks again for the compliments! Next painting will be AMAZING

Right. . . very nice in a non-freckly way. I didn't think to ask if she had freckles in the first place.
    But I can see them in the photo. But I wouldn't have missed them had I not seen the photo. Gives her more of a girl-next-door kind of causal appearance. Certainly the expression speaks volumes.

Say, I really think your depiction of hair got much better. I like your thinking how to divide it up as you've done it. Brava! Way to go! Nice work free-handing the likeness.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Say, I really think your depiction of hair got much better. I like your thinking how to divide it up as you've done it. Brava! Way to go! Nice work free-handing the likeness.
    Thanks dear D Akey! Actually I noticed she resembles a lot to Hilary Duff in my painting, wait... Hilary Duff in court? No way! As for the hair I tried to use a brush with maxed out stifness and a bit of thinners, the rest is merit of the program (I'm still learning how it behaves depending on the settings). So far I like Artrage because the various tools blend so well together, the result is very natural and does not look digital at all, I think it is the closest thing to the real thing right now. I wish though it could be possible to show the png file at native resolution becuse jpeg compression and resizing heavely degrade the painting.

First painting updated!

Hi Everyone!
    I updated my first painting (go to first post to take a look at it: no tracing but this time I used transform tools)