Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Opening my thread/gallery with the gift from the lovely Lady Katie/Coops. Thank you ^^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	andrea gallery.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	359.8 KB 
ID:	80649

Hi Everyone. This is my first work with ArtRage (previously I used procreate+ipad). It's done with intuos pro m in 8 hours (no tracing). I had some trouble with her hair so I went to the stylized route
    EDIT: I was not happy with my first painting so I heavily modified it, first of all I cheated using the transformation tools to get more correct proportions , then I used a lot of frost knife and airbrush tools on her face to achieve maximum realism and finally I redid entirely her hair... Hope you like it

Click on the picture for larger view

Name:	Avril Spikes.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	485.5 KB 
ID:	77880
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 06-05-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Beautiful women's heads are very difficult until one has the knack, and you did a very nice job on her indeed. You even made her moist and sparkly upping the 'glam' quotient.

Really very fashionably attractive.

As to hair, I would think in terms of planes and shapes. It helps to give it form plus it's easier to get a handle on what is happening with it -- rules of lighting and so on still apply. And you can then subdivide strategically.

Anyway, this one's a pip! Great job on a beautiful actress.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Great job on a beautiful actress.
    Thanks for the tips! Avril is so beautiful, I'm glad you think I made her justice

ooh Avril Lavigne, It looks very nice.
    I like how you painted the metal

Not the Statue of Liberty I guess, although there's some likeness in the crown ... LOL Fantastic portrait and I apologize for not being too familiar with some cute actresses You and SilverO took as a reference herein. Welcome and congratulations.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very nice indeed!!!
    Obviously it was a smooth transition into Artrage, and this proves it! This is very good and full of life and I'm
    Looking forward to your next one.

Steve

Gets a thumbs up from me
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Opening my thread/gallery with the gift from the lovely Lady Katie/Coops. Thank you ^^

Name:	andrea gallery.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	359.8 KB 
ID:	80649

Hi Everyone. This is my first work with ArtRage (previously I used procreate+ipad). It's done with intuos pro m in 8 hours (no tracing). I had some trouble with her hair so I went to the stylized route
    EDIT: I was not happy with my first painting so I heavily modified it, first of all I cheated using the transformation tools to get more correct proportions , then I used a lot of frost knife and airbrush tools on her face to achieve maximum realism and finally I redid entirely her hair... Hope you like it

Click on the picture for larger view

Name:	Avril Spikes.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	485.5 KB 
ID:	77880
    ''The Past does not equal the future'' Anthony Robbins

Thank you ^^
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Thank you

Name:  lego.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  101.0 KB
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)