Arms Around A Memory

Abstract me too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arms Around A Memory.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	482.0 KB 
ID:	88396
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Delavigne à la vigna (vineyard) vista dall'altro (birdview)! Cool
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

What a great series of strokes. I quite like the geometry of it. The colors are, as always, very subjective and draw some very specific associations for me that probably others would not have. But they are colors that government institutions and military hospitals used in the 1950s. So it has an odd contrast between freedom and control. It's like working one's individuality within a tight formation. It's like young Diebenkorn got drafted and had to serve his time out. I have no idea whether he was in the military or not, but I was in my youth and this is sorta how I experienced it -- tightly channeled and directed with the occasional sideways skid.

Needless to say there's the association with aerial photography -- a Google kind of thing regarding the structure. The mark of civilized Man in a way.

Cool, whatever your intention was. Great knife work.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Cool work and abstract...
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Delavigne à la vigna (vineyard) vista dall'altro (birdview)! Cool
    Haha battutaccia ciau ne

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    What a great series of strokes. I quite like the geometry of it. The colors are, as always, very subjective and draw some very specific associations for me that probably others would not have. But they are colors that government institutions and military hospitals used in the 1950s. So it has an odd contrast between freedom and control. It's like working one's individuality within a tight formation. It's like young Diebenkorn got drafted and had to serve his time out. I have no idea whether he was in the military or not, but I was in my youth and this is sorta how I experienced it -- tightly channeled and directed with the occasional sideways skid.

Needless to say there's the association with aerial photography -- a Google kind of thing regarding the structure. The mark of civilized Man in a way.

Cool, whatever your intention was. Great knife work.

Thank you Dear D, the title was a bit of a joke, I used a title for the work without a connection to the piece just for being silly and then I found it once done, it might represent the flow of memories in neural cells being pushed up by those two lines which are like two invisible arms that convey those memories, you can't really put arms around memories but you can definitely feel them But it coul easily be some military post from bird view as well Thank you for comparing it to Diebenkorn, I didn't knew him, but I have to say I like his works, they look very intriguing even the portraits with that massive posterization

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Twilight

Now back to portrait art, it kind of resembles an old one I wade, I tried to combine different tools, even some watercolor to reach the utmost messier result

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twilight.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	472.6 KB 
ID:	88470

What a glorious painting. To begin with here in the painting, she's beautiful -- which is immediately captivating. But then all that interesting brushwork gone into the hair, a queen would be honored to wear such a crown. I think what I like about it is the soft edged work built over by more and more chiseled strokes -- which psychologically could represent many women, especially beautiful ones who must constantly have the world reaching for them. But then that contradiction often makes them all the more alluring because the game is afoot -- not to be confused with "a foot", which is a whole other game. But I digress --

The other thing is that going from crude to refined in a work of art, whether painted or sculpted, is a very effective device in that it creates a movement into the refined area -- like one's awareness of something in the world suddenly coming into focus. Very active painting.

Anyway, love the colors, shapes, and stylization. A bit of the goddess, or at least her majesty.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love the style you used in creating this portrait....Awesome work indeed....

You refined and distilled Your natural approach into a most sophisticated and elegant style, where passion and feelings are somehow muted and controlled into a canon, but kept alive and powerful in their understatement. You set up a new, personal canon, to say in one word what DAkey seemed to imply in his comment to Your abstract painting, which can be applied to any kind of genre and subject as your own signature. Congrats!
    I would thank DAkey also for introducing Dieberkorn, who actually seems not to be too much known on this side of the Atlantic Ocean, but certainly has many interesting points, because in his abstract expressionism and in his more realistic works he seems to take also some of Edward Hopper, lessons in my view, thus the US soul and art conception in a way, which, somehow, works around the American dream, what it is about and what's its implementation, I think. I confess though that I'm probably wrong because I'm ignorant and I never saw his intriguing paintings before ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you dear D, glad you approve the output, I tried to use every trick I've learned so far in this one trying to making it look a bit more classier... CIAO

Hello kenmo, thank you for your kind words ^^

Ciao Cesare, grazie mille, 6 troppo buono, hai proprio ragione, con questo ho cercato di fare un dipinto un po' più classico, il fatto che tu lo trovi addirittura elegante è un grande complimento, il merito però è in gran parte del soggetto ciau ne e non mangiare troppo panettone