Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 478795969798 LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

your last two artworks are awsome too

Boy, Andrea, if you ever printed this stuff out and had them framed, your walls would dazzle.

Very nice paintings. Interesting concepts visually too. Love the variations.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropainter View Post
    your last two artworks are awsome too
    Thank you Zeropainter
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Boy, Andrea, if you ever printed this stuff out and had them framed, your walls would dazzle.

Very nice paintings. Interesting concepts visually too. Love the variations.

Haha thank you Dear D
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Full maturity of style and art now. It's time for a public exhibition of Your paintings (prints), maybe also a tour and a place in Rome too ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Awesome work. Your subjective sense of what makes a female face beautiful is remarkably close to mine... or those are just some incredibly beautiful people to everyone.

Had a crazy thought. Feel free to discard if it is not useful to you. I see that you tend to use reference photos of real people... and they are all very stunning, but reality has its constraints....

A little backstory: Around the time of the release of the Lord of the Rings movies I was playing with image morphing software... and it struck me... in the books Galadriel (played by Cate Blanchett) and Arwen (Liv Tyler) are related... Galadriel being Arwen's grandmother. Out of curiosity I decided to take a screen grab of Arwen's face and one of Galadriel's face, and generate a 50-50 image - morphing software morphs both color information and geometry - to create a NEW face which is an actual exact average between the originals... a face which lies directly between the two. It was a nice face, clear and realistic, although because the "parents" are so familiar, my mind kept going back and forth, "it looks like Liv... but it looks like Cate... but it looks like Liv". I have on a few occasions done this again combining two faces when I think they would make an interesting "cross". The new faces were always interesting and even when I used more than 2 (combined one set of 2 and another set of 2 to make an average of 4) the results were always a "convergence" of the set... lying inside the "face space" defined by them - the averaging process cannot create outliers- which is a good thing since I liked the original faces.

So to wrap up... if you have a few favorite faces, perhaps on either side (in face space) of an ideal face, or are just looking for ways to create reference faces which inspire you, morphing software (there are free ones which are quite effective) is one way you can predictably and reliably create your own new and original faces (not as restrained by reality) for references.

Haha grazie carissimo @Cesare, sto solo imparando e noto che i disegni che scarto una volta iniziati sta aumentando, è un buon segno?? Ciau ne

Thank you @DarkOwnt, that's a cool idea for sure but I need a connection with what I paint so it's a no go, however I often diverge from the original shape of the faces but that's caused by my brain filtering what I see and what I like, that's maybe why I often tend to draw eyes so far apart ^___^. Anyways thanks for the suggestion, it is an interesting way of "crafting" people
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 04-09-2017 at 11:41 PM.

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Not a Toy

Last one re-tweaked (it was for our friend @Stevemawmv), next one will be a new one I promise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Not a Toy.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	486.5 KB 
ID:	92655
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 04-09-2017 at 11:10 PM.

✟ Jeanne d'Arc ✟

I am not afraid... I was born to do this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avril Lavigne (Joan of Arc).jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	472.1 KB 
ID:	93039

Interesting works AndreaMG, I really like the top one for all its subtle effect. the second one is an interesting concept, something about it is slightly disturbing, maybe it is the intensity of her gaze..
    great to have you posting here again

Love this one.. such a fantastic way of doing hair and the blue band really pops her forward in space. I love the semi abstract quality to her body and the thick over painting of the lower background all these elements
    make for a very creative and successful painting!..