ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorful

Colorful

I should have painted a portrait, but I went on spontaneously and fast, throwing colored brushstrokes at first and making vague reference to a couple of pictures with a different pose from both. I just kept likeness somehow loose since my main interest became to get a satisfactory colorful and lively portrait instead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colorful.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	467.6 KB 
ID:	77398  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Absolutely fantastic. It reminds me of illustration styles of certain older magazines.

The quick strokes is a look that many of the virtuoso illustrators would use for children's book illustrations or family oriented magazine articles from the 1950-60s. But what really says it is your having really projected personality and sweetness. I could easily see this boy as being a character in a story.

The hasty style makes him seem all the more rambunctious and youthful.

Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I really like how much color you used, especially in the skin tone
    Really cool

You are so very clever Caesar. He is just beautiful!

That means I'm really getting an older magazine too, dear D Akey ... LOL Well, actually I didn't use graphical or virtual tricks to hide my fuzzy approach to it, but I discovered that looking at it from some distance, all merged and gave the idea well enough, even with such savagely rough brush strokes. Thank You very much for Your enthusiatic compliments making me feel quite proud of this extemporary outcome too.

Well, dear SilverO, I intented to give a new meaning to the definition of colored people used for darked skinned persons.
    Human skin is essentially defined in volume, color and tones by the light (and its shades and shadows) and, reflective as it is, it's absolutely rich in colors, tones, transparencies, reflections and nuances. Among them, darker skins may show a wider gamut and tonal range, particularly interesting and far less explored by classical painting. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Robyn! I don't end up always with satisfactory outcomes with my least disciplined approaches, but sometimes I can get a quid, i.e. something undefined but perceivable, I may lose by working along a too conscious, precise and accurate procedure ...

Great work ! Wonderful portrait.

Thank You, dear Scott!
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-17-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Very nice! The loose brush strokes really add up to a nice portrait.

Thank You, dear Al! Probably we may get more lively outcomes whenever our brushstrokes resonate with light vibrations ... whatever it actually means LOL

Nicely done Caesar, I really like the overall expression you created in his face.
    Geoff