ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help quick

Question Help quick

I was just working in art rage 4 and looking for a font in another program and when I closed it my art rage painting was gone. I still have all the files on my desk top (which is does for some reason). I did not close art rage. Where did it go? If I restart my computer all of my reason work will be gone, did not save the last hour worth of work. Where is it?

ArtRage shouldn't close without asking you if you want to save. If there was a crash you should have seen an error message provided by the operating system to that effect. Unfortunately there's no reason we can think of that ArtRage would have closed spontaneously. If you're on Windows press alt tab to cycle between currently open applications. If you're on OS X use cmd tab to cycle between currently open applications. Otherwise I'd suggest relaunching it and loading your painting again. If the latest updates haven't been saved there isn't anything we can do to bring those back. If you did have a crash, please email me with the details of any error messages and what the last thing was that you did in ArtRage at support@artrage.com including what operating system you're using.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you Dave,
    Part of the problem has been solved. Did not pay attention to the box. It did crash and it recovered the picture. However now the different actions have been showing up on my desktop
    and will not disappear until i close the painting. Now even tho the painting is closed they are still showing on my desktop. For some reason for the last month or so this is happening as far as showing up on my desktop. Not sure what is happening.

What are the names of the files appearing on your desktop?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Aru-hlq and so on. All a little different. When i open them there is no painting and it is version 3.5.5 and i am currently using 4.0. I didn't remove the 3.5.5 from my computer thinking i would loose those paintings.

Dave, just looked in my programs and there is no 3.5.5 listed just 4.0 installed

I will need the exact names of the files to identify what they are. Also, what is the name of the painting you are saving and when do these files appear? Could you also let me know if you have changed the setting in the Advanced section of the ArtRage Preferences panel for 'Temporary File Location'?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I was working in Art Rage last night and this is what appeared on my desktop
    ARU-HLQ...
    ARU-T9BLZ...
    ARU-LNQ...
    WHEN I OPEN THERE IS NO PAINTING AND IT IS VERISON 3.5.5 I am using 4

YES, I did change the advanced setting recently to maybe fix the problem
    the following is what the advanced setting are set as
    C:\...\ART RAGE BACK UP FILES
    MULTIHREADING X
    JPEG QUALITY 100%
    STORE BACKUP FILES 1
    FORCE WHOLE PIZEL PLACEMENT CHECK MARK

The Temporary Files setting is for system level files that are used to store undo data and other temporary data while ArtRage is running, it sounds like that has been set in such a way that files are being stored on your desktop. Go back to the Preferences panel and reset the temporary files setting to default, that should stop the files appearing.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you, will give it a try!!!!