ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Its doing it again ...

Its doing it again ...

Hello

I am not too happy for this and I hoped I wont meet with this issue anymore but seems like I was wrong.
    A few seconds ago my work went to trash as the program kept crashing on me right in the saving progress. The image a larger one this time and a job work I should be done with but beside the slow saving process the save-and-crash not only annoying but it killed my hard work.

I have the file but it only opens a large background canvas not more the work with the layers I had. I want to revive it, and I want it to work so I can continue and finish it and not losing every hard hour I paid into this one.
    Any help would be appreciated.

I work with the latest artrage 4 update.

Here is the "damaged" file;
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vln0hrd1bjfu306/drag2.ptg

Looking at the file it appears that something interrupted save during the layer save process. In this case you can get a full size 'flat' version of the painting by using the Import option in the File menu to import it as an image (the first thing we do is save out the full size preview). If this has happened before we need to go through some steps with you to see if we can find out what is happening, please drop us a support email (support@artrage.com) and let us know the operating system you're using, how frequently this has happened, and whether it has happened with multiple paintings or just this one. When we have that information we can go through some more steps to see if we can find out why it's crashing.

In the meantime, it would pay to turn on the automatic backup system in ArtRage so that when the file is saved, previous versions are not overwritten. That can be done in the Advanced section of the Preferences panel.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you!

I know it will make additional work on my side to get it transparent - but better then do from scratch again the work.
    It happened the second time that I lost the file - the crash itself happened earlier time already not too often but enough to be notice-able issue.

I dropping email then if this helps the developing and thank you very much for the fast answer I appreciate it!

Where do I find this advanced settings/preferences?

In the application, go to the Edit menu, then click 'ArtRage Preferences'. You will see a number of categories here. Click 'Advanced Preferences' to open that category, then choose the number of copies you want to be kept by moving the slider to the right under 'Store backup files'

You can find more detailed information on the automatic backup system on page 107 of the manual ( Help -> ArtRage Manual )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you - got it and set it up and also sent email for the further progressing in this matter.