ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: What settings?

What settings?

What settings do I use to darken/lighten with the pen tool?

You can use Blend Mode settings in the Tool Settings panel for the Ink Pen to darken or lighten or produce a range of other blend effects.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcusWind View Post
    What settings do I use to darken/lighten with the pen tool?
    Is there a way to make it so it only changes the color I've already put on canvas? Without adding new ink?

Is there a way to make it so it only changes the color I've already put on canvas? Without adding new ink?
    You could use the Transparency Lock feature on the layer menu, which will keep the tools from adding color to any area on the locked layer, that doesn't already have marks on it. To locate the option, hover your mouse over your layer and click on the small square in the upper right corner of the layer (it has a small picture of a padlock). A menu will open with a few different options, including the Transparency Lock.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you. This will help tremendously!