ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A circle tool

A circle tool

I could really use a circle tool like there is in most any other art program. MS Paint even has one.

ArtRage was designed primarily as a freehand painting package which is why there isn't a default tool to generate polygons. You can use Stencils set to Guide mode if you want to be able to lock your strokes to a specific shape however.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcusWind View Post
    I could really use a circle tool like there is in most any other art program. MS Paint even has one.
    Is there a way to make it so the tool (pencil, pen, whatever) sticks to the edge of the stencil without trying to draw

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3).jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	77244

Right click the stencil and set it as a guide ( guide mode ). You can find some more detailed information on how the various stencil modes work ( stencil, guide, ruler ) in the Stencils section of the manual ( Help -> ArtRage Manual ). I hope this helps.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Right click the stencil and set it as a guide ( guide mode ). You can find some more detailed information on how the various stencil modes work ( stencil, guide, ruler ) in the Stencils section of the manual ( Help -> ArtRage Manual ). I hope this helps.
    Wow that helps! Thank you so much. I should have to these forums sooner. Since I have you here, how do I make a gradient?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcusWind View Post
    how do I make a gradient?
    If you're using ArtRage 4, you can use the Gradient feature for the Fill tool (see screen shot below). If you're using ArtRage 3 or lower, let us know which version you have, so the suggestions can be focused on the options you have available.

Name:  gradients.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  272.9 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    If you're using ArtRage 4, you can use the Gradient feature for the Fill tool (see screen shot below). If you're using ArtRage 3 or lower, let us know which version you have, so the suggestions can be focused on the options you have available.

Name:  gradients.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  272.9 KB
    All this info is amazing! It's nice having an expert answering things. Which brings me to my next question. I think this will be the last oneIs there a way to get your fill to go all the way to your lines without the bit of white that usually gets left? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (5).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	77253

I'll let you know if I think of any more questions. That is, if you're not tiered of me yet.

The white fringe is because the fill has hit the edge of the black line which is antialiased. Turning off antliasing in the fill tool, or increasing the Spread value can help with this. I would also do the fill on the layer beneath the circle so that if the fill spreads in to the antialiased edge, the circle's line sits on top of it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    The white fringe is because the fill has hit the edge of the black line which is antialiased. Turning off antliasing in the fill tool, or increasing the Spread value can help with this. I would also do the fill on the layer beneath the circle so that if the fill spreads in to the antialiased edge, the circle's line sits on top of it.
    Amazing! I had to play with the settings a bit but I got it to work. Thanks so much for you help.