ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Arrow Singleton

Red Arrow Singleton

Finally attempting to use ArtRage for my favourite subject "Aircraft". I primarily do pencil drawings of aircraft but taken the plunge using computer art. mI've got to say that ArtRage is just superb.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red arrow3.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	77239

A fantastic painting Delboy. Your accurate rendering is terrific, and I even like your sky!

I really like it too. . . Very cool painting.

If I may I would have to ask if the wings are somewhat bent in a slight V shape? Reason I'm asking is the ellipses on the insignia are at slightly different perspectives and the insignia on the far wing taking into account distance seems larger than the one close to us. You can see the leading edge is closer to the front but the trailing edge matches where it's nearly touching the aileron.

Anyway, the plane looks super fast. Nice job!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Red Arrow

I see what you mean albeit I haven't quite finished it yet but will check this out thanks for your input, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post

If I may I would have to ask if the wings are somewhat bent in a slight V shape? Reason I'm asking is the ellipses on the insignia are at slightly different perspectives and the insignia on the far wing taking into account distance seems larger than the one close to us. You can see the leading edge is closer to the front but the trailing edge matches where it's nearly touching the aileron.

Undoubtedly a very accurate and effective procedure if You can get such a picture-like outcome! Obviously D Akey is, as always,keen and right and You may certainly correct the little mistake. Congrats and welcome!
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-03-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Red Arrow

Hi D Akey, I have checked the wing and it is actually right there is a slight v shape therefore the roundel nearest you is looks slightly smaller due to the V shape! Having looked at various photographs of the aircraft at this attitude does show the same effect. However, it did make me look at the aircraft in total and I realised that I did not put the aircraft number on!! That has now been correct, again thank you for your observation.

That's cool that you found another thing that belongs on the aircraft to complete the picture.

As to the ellipses of the roundels, the one on the wing closest to us would indeed narrow at that angle, but the width wouldn't shrink. I did a quick cut, paste and manipulation in Photoshop as a way to show what I mean. If you don't think it's right naturally don't use it. But technically the far roundel would 'vanish' as it physically gets farther away, like the wing size would. The close one would be a tighter ellipse, but the front to back dimension would be a wee bit wider. The axis on mine may be off because I don't know the pitch of the wing, but this is for clarity of conversation only and "a picture is worth a thousand words" and all that. My version is not perfect, may be a little too wide, but there is what I meant.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by D Akey; 10-04-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Red Arrow

Hi D Akey and your keen eye, I'll leave it as is and maybe come back to it sometime!! Presently working on different skies namely sunsets at the moment I think ArtRage is perfect for such things, what say you?

That's cool that you found another thing that belongs on the aircraft to complete the picture.

As to the ellipses of the roundels, the one on the wing closest to us would indeed narrow at that angle, but the width wouldn't shrink. I did a quick cut, paste and manipulation in Photoshop as a way to show what I mean. If you don't think it's right naturally don't use it. But technically the far roundel would 'vanish' as it physically gets farther away, like the wing size would. The close one would be a tighter ellipse, but the front to back dimension would be a wee bit wider. The axis on mine may be off because I don't know the pitch of the wing, but this is for clarity of conversation only and "a picture is worth a thousand words" and all that. My version is not perfect, may be a little too wide, but there is what I meant.

Absolutely Artrage is a GREAT paint program and you are using it to great effect. Can't wait to see you sharing other paintings. Go Man GO!!!!

wow magnificent, it is really breath taking :-)