ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Read a Book Art

Read a Book Art

I don't know if we have one of these, if so I will be happy to upload my art there.
    I've seen the most wonderful work encouraging reading on Deviant and Pinterest.
    I was inspired and had to give it a go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not 100% sure of what you mean here, but very magical Alexandra. Beautiful hair and eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Not 100% sure of what you mean here, but very magical Alexandra. Beautiful hair and eyes.
    I think she means, though I could be mistaken, that there is no thread here on ArtRage with a fun creative springboard wherein the artist does pics from their head that was stimulated by reading like from a fantasy story (ie. illustrating a bit from a book as it came to you through reading since so many books are so visual and artists tend to have big imaginations.) And I think she got the idea from seeing themed threads on other sites and thought it might play here.

So Alexandra, that's a brilliant pic. I love it!!!!!!! As if a pixie is reading about us. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

"immersed"
    Love your picture!
    Steve

Hi Robyn, Thank you! I found so much beautiful artwork through these sites from old traditional paintings of people reading to fantasy works from the very book being a portal, a home, or books sculpted into objects. If you want to research, go to google images, or pinterest for example and in the search line enter "book art"-it is really something.

Thanks D Akey for your help. I have been in such a hurry lately that my typing has been a mess. Thank you also for your kind comment. You know, when I have time I love to browse through donation centers or yard sales for old books. Once I found an old illustrator book where famous illustrators created posters to encourage young people to read. I love it.

Hello Steve, I wondered if the eyes would be a little on the spooky side. I am so happy that you liked it, thanks so much! I hope you will feel like adding to this thread sometime.

Alexandra, Her eyes have captured the 'intense involvement' in the activity you are expressing, they are perfectly befitting the image and story you are expressing for the project you are suggesting!

Steve

The Bookworms

Thank you very much Steve.

The bookworms are devouring the story. Maybe this is the last book! No.....it can be downloaded from amazon for a mere 99 cents, an oldie, but a goodie....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you Ken. I was inspired by the art I found on the internet, but I don't think this thread will make it. I guess we could draw various things with digital readers though.