ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First portrait in Art Rage

First portrait in Art Rage

Hey guys,

Today I finished my first portrait in Art Rage. What a wonderfull program to work with!
    I made this portrait Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sia.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	77102with my Bamboo.

I still have a lot to figure out in Artrage, but I had so much fun making this portrait... I guess I have a new hobby!

Have a nice day!

Byebye

Very nicely done

Glad you enjoyed it so much.

This is a very good start, I too am new to this Forum and Artrage and learning like you the creativity that Artrage allows us.
    So, let it flow!
    Steve

Excellent start and welcome to the forums
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you for the warm welcome.

To Steve- there is a lot to learn, like you said it just go with the flow.

I think that Artrage is a very friendly program to draw with. Herefore I had Painter but I couldn't work with it. I guess it had something to do with my inability...

Welcome! Nice start, especially considering it looks like You started with watercolors, that is really the hard way, in particular for a portrait, in ArtRage too!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks Ceaser! I love painting with watercolours digitally and the traditional way. It is hard but I like the unexpected effects of it.

Welcome, and nice work from me too! The way you've painted that hair is exceptional. It's great!!

Great portrait. I love the loose style. It spins the portrait in a very personal way as it gives her a casual allure, if that makes sense. It's personal and spontaneous though very clever, as if you a singing a song of endearment to her. And if you just picked any old photo to paint and don't know her in reality, it still projects an understanding of her. After all, there have been many songs we've heard that were originally about women we don't personally know, but through the song we sort of do. This has that kind of feel.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Copespeak: Thanks for the compliment, hair is always a hard thing to draw or paint. I noticed that Artrage has two really nice hair brushes! I also used the eraser for the lighter areas in the hair.

D Akey: Also thank you very much for the compliment. While I was painting this portrait of the singer Sia, I played her music and I nicely sing and paint along with it....LOL., so your comment is spot on :-)