ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: can someone please help me please? i have art rage 3

can someone please help me please? i have art rage 3

is their like a preset for selections similar to photoshops wand tool that i just havent downloaded? cause without this feature i have scrapped many projects, and i just want to b able to move stuff around without cutting a right angle into someones face ;.; please help. ive looked alot and i dont know if im typing the wrong thing in or what but i cant find anything and i just wanna cry ;.;

The wand is in the selection area which is in the left bottom corner right under the crayon tool

Quote Originally Posted by fluffycuppycakes View Post
    is their like a preset for selections similar to photoshops wand tool that i just havent downloaded? cause without this feature i have scrapped many projects, and i just want to b able to move stuff around without cutting a right angle into someones face ;.; please help. ive looked alot and i dont know if im typing the wrong thing in or what but i cant find anything and i just wanna cry ;.;
    Well crying will only short out your keyboard with all the soggy drippings, lass. Harsh on your electronicals. But I share your pain. Try what Just Jean has offered.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

these are my presets

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    The wand is in the selection area which is in the left bottom corner right under the crayon tool
    yea i know WHERE it is and ive tried the presets thing but i dont know if im just not doing it right or something but it wont select the
    the soft or hard freehand option
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selection presets.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	77082

it comes up as green and selected but it doesnt work like a wand or act like wand. it acts like a box ;.;

I'm not sure about AR 3, but if it the same as AR 4, just go into your 'settings', not into your presets and work from there. I agree, it's a bit confusing.

Attachment 77084

If it's different to mine, sorry, I don't know.

Edit: From a review...... "While the more basic Studio version comes with only elliptical and square selection tools, Studio Pro augments these with freehand, polygon, wand selection and paint-area selection. "
    Last edited by copespeak; 09-20-2013 at 01:52 PM.

That's correct. if you want to change the settings for any tool, open the 'settings' panel similar to the screenshot copespeak posted. If you have Artrage Studio Pro or ArtRage 4, in settings, click the magic wand icon to use the magic wand. if you have ArtRage Studio, this version doesn't have a magic wand.

Settings control individual settings for your tools.
    Presets are collections of settings included with the product, there is no specific 'magic wand' preset included with the product by default but you can add one if you want.

In your screenshot you have selected a preset 'Hard freehand' which uses the freehand selection mode, which is different to a magic wand selection.

I hope this helps. You can find more information on selection tool settings on page 57 of the manual ( Help -> ArtRage Help )

Moving this to the technical support forum.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design