ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Screen Recording For Macs

Screen Recording For Macs

If like me you remember the glory days of Snow Leopard when Macs just worked, then the current Quicktime X in Mountain Lion ability to make screen recordings will be a bitter disappointment to you compared to how it was.
    True there were no bells and whistles in the old one, it did just record your screen as you worked, but it did it well.
    However there is a brief opportunity over at Cult of Mac to get Camtasia2 as part of a bundle of 10 apps for as little as 14$ for the whole bundle!
    It is a dedicated screen capture program with many features including its own built in video editor. Even if you never use any of the other apps it's a bargain!
    https://deals.cultofmac.com/sales/th...mac-bundle-3-0
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

sounds like a great deal for mac users. I am guessing Camtasia is one of the better screen recorders?

IMHO I would say its one of the top two screen recording suites out there, the other being ScreenFlow.
    I've used both and although there is very little to choose between them, ScreenFlow would be my number 1 choice if money was not a factor but it is 99$ plus tax and Camtasia is normally similarly priced. So being able to pick up Camtasia for just 14$ or so, as I say, really is a bargain!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

never mind. I had to re read your post again. screen recording seems to work fine in Lion via Quick Time Player. may be another reason not to upgrade to Mountain Lion then?
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    never mind. I had to re read your post again. screen recording seems to work fine in Lion via Quick Time Player. may be another reason not to upgrade to Mountain Lion then?
    Possibly yes!
    If QuickTime X is working for you, that's great!

Have you tried recording AR4 with it or any other graphics based program?
    Maybe your hardware is more up to it than mine!
    But I find it just makes AR4 so slow and unresponsive as to be unusable to demonstrate anything, likewise with my favored animation software, Animation Master, when trying to record that.

In truth I was reluctant to change from Snow Leopard but I needed to be current with others around me using Lion and Mountain Lion to better help in trouble shooting with them. And more and more apps are not compatible with SL now. Although there is still much in common with SL, Lion introduced some big differences in the way the OS works.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:

I have used Cam Studio on my pc. I have a trial of camtasia 2 on my mac I think I used it once, but it sells for like 99.00 so to be able to get it for 20.00 with the other apps is a really great deal. I am gonna go for it for sure.

update: just paid 25.00 for the bundle. grabbed the serial number and used it to license my camtasia 2 already on my computer. so cool. didn't even need to download it. sometime I will get around to downloading the other apps, but 25.00 for Camtasia 2 was a great deal. thanks.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-12-2013 at 07:04 PM.