ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My New Music Video

My New Music Video

Photography, video, music and some Artrage artworks are arranged in harmony on this video. The instrument is called a " Cuatro " and have been playing it for 3 decades. My two sons helped me on this video, one doing the sound and one doing the video. My youngest son shot this against a green screen and inserted the tropical rain back ground with a subtle rain falling. I then took the raw mix he did and inserted titles, and some Artrage artworks and others effects. Actually an Artrage artwork could have been the BG if I wanted it and I will be experimenting with that in the future. The song is called " Tropical Rain " a jazz tune done by Jesse J on the sax. Arrangement is for the Cuatro. Wanted to share......................TJ

The artwork Solo, currently in the Gallery, is one I used..........

LINK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21lT-P1Dv20

Excellent. . . BRAVO!!!! MORE. . .

Really, Mr Jazz, it's fantastic. Really smooth.

So why the heck do they call it a cuatro? I counted 10 strings. Wouldn't it be called a dies? Or a Cinco because it looks from the strings that it's like a 12 string guitar which doubles the 6 regular strings (I think) only doubling 5 strings, which equals 10.

Anyway, I looked it up on Wikipedia. Interesting instrument. You were playing parts like a mandolin which it says the tuning can be similar.

No matter. Be that as it may, the music is sensational. Really groovy. A sort of modern jazz with a tropical rhythm. Love it. You played it great. and your assistants were perfecto. I'll definitely listen to it again and again.

Go TONY!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks D'Akey for your fine comments. The Cuatro is the national instrument of Puerto Rico fashioned after the violin in its shape. A violin has 4 strings hence, the name Cuatro, ( spanish for the # 4 ). Your observations are correct. It has 10 strings in pairs of 5. Somewhere in it's evolution it aquired 10 strings. The one I use is electric and made by an artisan in my hometown. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0885.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	337.6 KB 
ID:	76899. This is my other one which is more of a standard cuatro. But I love the electric one, no problems with feedback onstage. My journey with this instrument has been more towards the path of jazz, the road less traveled. Glad you enjoyed it.......... I love my job
    Last edited by Tonyjazz; 09-05-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Great music Tony. I love that cool summer music!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I really enjoyed listening to the music Tony, thanks for sharing
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307