ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marble study

Marble study

"Marble" a study in 45 minutes in ArtRage 4 (video of my progress coming soon)

The marble ref. was from my photo collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stratoa...7633884127303/

Feel free to use any of those photographs to use as a reference for your art, that's what I photographed them for, enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marble Study.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	476.6 KB 
ID:	76890

Not too shabby!

If you really want to spice it up, you may want to include the translucent light that hits the cast shadow at the base. Some of it's colored which will add some interest.

But those are if you want to consider those things. Love the marble. Nice work!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

that would indeed be very cool, I was using my reference: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stratoa...57633884127303 for this particular one, just doing a single marble. This was a lesson for my student whom I'm teaching. Those would be "caustics" that would be in there. In this particular ref. photo the caustics are more muted and I'm just giving them a hint here.

Thanks!

Ah, I see. Well I can't wait to see the video progression. Again, nice one.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nicely done. At first I thought _how did he get the marble so round???_ and then remembered. "Stencils". I really need to use those more often.

Quote Originally Posted by rscottfree View Post
    Nicely done. At first I thought _how did he get the marble so round???_ and then remembered. "Stencils". I really need to use those more often.
    I am SO impressed with the stencils. I use selections as my "stencils" in Photoshop and have been doing so for like 20 years now. I'm so used to it, but honestly, the stencils there in AR4 are vastly superior to that of PS. PS is great and it can be a good painter, but AR does loops around it. I'm extremely pleased!

I am impressed

I think you captured the marble rather nicely!

Ive been following ur threads and learned quite alot ,

its really nice to see how u work . great job

Quote Originally Posted by operated View Post
    Ive been following ur threads and learned quite alot ,

its really nice to see how u work . great job
    Thank you!!

Well here it is, here's my video of painting the marble in AR4.

Great looking marble