ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New problem

New problem

Hi Matt, Glad to not have the old problem of having the colors change a lot but now when I touch the toggle button to purposely go back to a color the toggle tool is stuck and I can't go back to the brush. It gets frozen in that mode. I have to save the work. Go back to the gallery. Close the app completely at the bar on the bottom and then reopen Artrage and then I can use the tool bar and change to the brush. I have rebooted and cleared my first generation IPad and I use a simple stylus. I can paint around the problem by making those steps and using my rememberance of what color I was using but it is obviously a pain to interupt the flow . Thanks for any help. Oh, it is since the recent update. Marilyn

I've seen this happen once after installing a test version on my iPad over the old version but it went away after closing the app down so it appeared to be an old preference file causing the issue. I'll do some more searching and see if I can find a problem. We will be updating again soon to replace one of the stylus systems we use with a newer one for iOS7 so I will be able to wrap any fix in to that if there is one.

Update: We've managed to replicate what could be the issue you're seeing. You don't need to close ArtRage however. If you paint a single stroke after you turn off the sampler that should solve the problem. We're fixing it now and will submit an update shortly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for help

However I can't make another stroke the tool bar won't open. I have no other way but to close the app completely. Hope it works out. I am greatful to be able to paint around it. Marilyn

The stroke you make may not appear but if you tap once on the canvas after turning off the sampler that should make the panels work again. We've identified the cause and are submitting an update and as soon as that is approved the problem should be resolved.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Interesting

I did not get any results by tapping the canvas but did get a positive result when I tapped the toggle button. When I did that the brush came back and I was able to open the tool bar. I have been accustomed to tapping the symbol for matching color that is over at the tool bar. Well, I hope my words for things are not confusing but I think I am okay to paint and that is what I truly care about. Thanks, Marilyn