ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Color mixing

Color mixing

Has anyone figured out a way to translate physical color proportions to artrage?
    I am used to spreading out a certain amount of paint of one color and then the certain proportions of another (or more).
    I see that I can use "real color blending", but this is not the same.
    Thanks in advance.

Not sure exactly what you're asking, but I think there are people who have done lots of charts here maybe in Tips and Tricks. Hopefully some of the people who are into that can help you. I also think there are a couple settings to choose how the colors mix. One is to have the colors where they mix in the real world where yellow and blue make green, and so on. And there's another setting where the colors mix based on the way color behaves on a computer.

So your question does have 'Yes' answers, just I'm not the one who can answer it. SomeoneSane or some other regulars look in and may provide links to those older posts.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

My understanding is that, no, that kind of "quantity" based mixing method (mix 1 blob of blue with 2 blobs of red to get the appropriate proportions) is not compatible with working on a computer. You'll need to pick the two colors you want and blend them with one of the Blender brushes. The more you mix a color in, the stronger its hue in the mix. Your current method, afaik, works very well with natural media, but is not how the systems seem to be set up for digital media mixing.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    My understanding is that, no, that kind of "quantity" based mixing method (mix 1 blob of blue with 2 blobs of red to get the appropriate proportions) is not compatible with working on a computer. You'll need to pick the two colors you want and blend them with one of the Blender brushes. The more you mix a color in, the stronger its hue in the mix. Your current method, afaik, works very well with natural media, but is not how the systems seem to be set up for digital media mixing.
    OK I understand. But what are "blender brushes" and are they different then regular brushes?