ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple Blossoms and branches

Apple Blossoms and branches

Into apple blossoms this week

Name:  branch1.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  apple blossom branch2.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  27.1 KB

Awesome Jean !

Wow these are great Jean.

Jean
    Absolutely stunning. So realistic......Thanks for sharing such beautiful work...Stuart

Thank you Scott, Fraser, Stuart and Sandy , you are all so encouraging

Well Jean these are gorgeous,well done.
    Geoff

A beautiful sight. I'm not sure of the AR tools you employed but, in the "real world", this is an ideal subject for softened pastels. In any case, you did a manificient job!
    Nulla die sine linea
    http://bobrow.wordpress.com

Those are lovely, I especially like the first one, as it's a bit happier and lighter - which I personally prefer with blossoms. But nevertheless, great job on both of them!

I love the richness of color and the depth of field in the first one particularly. It's tremendously effective to have the forms sort of dissolving into the green field background.

What a great pic.

The second one is pretty good as well, and maybe it would look grand without the comparison, but you can see that the first one is more eye catching because of the saturation. I think in the second one has a lot of very good stuff happening, but the clarity and voice of the first one is happier. But both are good.

In the first one it rather makes the leaves and the background have the job of creating something of an idyllic frame for the blossom. You know those beauty shots of jewels on velvet, where the luster of the gems picks up the surrounding color some thus placing it all in the same context, with then the brilliant bits popping out all shiny and whatnot. . . rather like that. Vs. the second one in which it's earthier, and not so polished up feeling. It's voice is different.

Lots of possible strategies and effects can cover the waterfront with paintings, so it's certainly not the only way to go, but you've rather "stumbled" on a super solid one. I mean every other painting you've done has been leading up to this one, in a manner of speaking.

Print this out. Frame it. Build a home around it.

Excellent.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream