ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem with stickers

Problem with stickers

Hi !

I hope my question will be clear!
    How to use the third (for example) sticker of a sheet, and spray it?

Thank you !
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: http://500px.com/cb6973

That depends on whether it's the third sticker from the right or the third sticker from the top and, perhaps more importantly, how many stickers there are on the sheet, both horizontally and vertically.

You see, the variation panel works with percentages, so if you have a sticker sheet with a single row of stickers and a total of 3 stickers on it and want to pull the third sticker from the sheet, you'd need to set the "Sheet Column" dial for "Base Value" to 75% or higher. However, if you have a sticker sheet with a single row of stickers and a total of 6 stickers across it and left the "Sheet Column" dial for "Base Value" at 75%, you'd end up pulling the 5th sticker to the right, because the length of the sheet has changed, meaning the sticker location for the third sticker has moved in terms of percentages. In this case, you'd now need to set the dial anywhere from 33% to 50%, in order to pull the third sticker on the sheet. To understand this better, please see the image below. The blue marks show the halfway point (50%) for the sticker sheets columns. I've then shown the percentages the third sticker would fall, on two separate sticker sheets; each with a different number of stickers in their columns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stickerpercent.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	76781

Now... If you were going to try to get the third sticker down a sheet, you'd need to use the same idea, but apply it to the "Sheet Row" dial for "Base Value".
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi,

Oh, excuse me, I shouldn't have wait it so late to answer and thank you !

Your technics are very interesting. Is it possible to do it with personal ArtRage stickers ? Yes, is it also possible to open an ArtRage sheet ?

Thank you again for your precious help.
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5

Quote Originally Posted by Claudine View Post
    Oh, excuse me, I shouldn't have wait it so late to answer and thank you !
    No problem

Your technics are very interesting. Is it possible to do it with personal ArtRage stickers ?
    Yes, it can be done with any sticker sheet.

Yes, is it also possible to open an ArtRage sheet ?
    You can open the sticker sheet by locating on the Sticker Sheet panel, for use in laying down individual stickers. Though, if you're looking to edit the sheet itself, you need to have the original image file used to make the sheet. There's no way to extract the image from the sticker sheet, once it's made.

Ah yes, we need to have the original image file used to make the sheet. So, we can't find and use the sheets created we find directly in ArtRage...

So, another question comes to my mind - perhaps, it's going to help me to create a sheet: how can we give a long space between each element in a spray?

Thank you again for your help: your advice is so valuable!
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5

You can change how quickly the stickers are dropped by changing the Spray Rate option on the Settings panel (see attached image).

Name:  sprayrate.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  228.4 KB

Thank you Someonesane !

I hope the maximum space will be sufficient for my projects.

Thank you for your help !
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5