ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Experienced problem again

Experienced problem again

Hi, Today while I was painting in oils, with stylus, on my first generation iPad, the color kept jumping like I did before. It didn't seem to matter how hard I tried to keep strokes simple the sampler problem just kept activating. I had cleaned off the iPad and rebooted but didn't get any relief until I deleted the app and reinstalled. I was able to finish but it seems to still not like short strokes up and down. Managed but not as freely as I would like. Hard for me to understand the point of that feature when it just seems to be a problem for me. Perhaps you could help me understand that purpose better. Thank you. Marilyn

We haven't been able to replicate this problem at all but we have introduced an option to turn the feature off in an update we will be releasing soon. There's no reason we can see why you would be experiencing this as the system can only trigger when the finger is held still before moving in a stroke for a period of time. Removing the application should make no difference - If you are closing down all apps and rebooting that should clear out resources if that's related to this. Making sure you quit ArtRage before closing parked apps is also important.

The feature is one that we have been asked for by many users for some time, and was introduced as it's a standard for art packages on the iPad. It's basically a way to sample colours without having to locate a control to trigger a sampler. We avoided including it for some time because we prefer not to interrupt strokes with that kind of double functionality but people kept on sending mail requesting it so eventually we decided to implement it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for the answer

I am able to paint at present and hope it all works out.