ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A change after 50 years

A change after 50 years

About 50 years ago my stepfather officially adopted me. He was, (still alive) abusive, always getting me bloody, and he is insecure. Part of why he beat on me was because I looked like my dad. Still, as far as I was concerned, he was my dad. Last year he decided that our relationship was over. In December my mom died and they made a point of not telling me and listing me in her obit under my birth name.
    My mom and real dad are dead, it hurts to see that in writing, so I asked my kids if they minded if I changed my name back to what it was. Our court date came up today and the judge signed the order, now I'll spend the rest of my life being who I'm supposed to be. I hope i bring them honor.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Wonderful! Welcome home!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Come the month of October I'll have been on this planet for 72 years............in that time I've come to understand many things about people but one thing escapes me..........how can anyone hurt a child?

Please don't seek excuses for them ................... each one of us has an obligation to protect and care for the children, they are our future. You will honour your parents Mate!
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Artrage is the first forum I ever joined, I haven't contributed much, but always follow.... For this reason, that anyone like yourself can open up about something so personal , and feel the love, compassion, empathy from fellow members. That is so important to to us all.
    Thank you for sharing and I hope you have managed to come thru this all as a stronger, better person than your stepdad!

Best wishes to you!

Sometimes it is not all about art.... But more about humanity

I never make excuses for people. I teach parenting classes to couples who have their kids removed by the court or are about to so I see and hear all of the stories and excuses. One common thread among abusers is always 'it's somebody else's fault. I never have accepted that and never will.
    Shibui, yes, this a good group, no haters or mean people.
    Last edited by Gms9810; 08-22-2013 at 10:38 AM.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/