ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem with latest update

Problem with latest update

I loaded the latest update, and presets are back, after the issues with 1.5 However, the app keeps switching me from watercolor brush to color picker and changing the color to white, since I've just begun the painting. My wrist and hand are resting nowhere on the screen and I'm using a stylus. It happens over and over, and I'm getting real frustrated!

It sounds like you're activating tap and hold colour sampling. If you tap and hold at the start of a stroke without moving the colour sampler activates, at which point dragging around samples colour. If you're seeing this happen when you are not holding still at the start of the stroke (for just under a second - it's longer than it sounds!) try closing parked apps and rebooting your iPad to make sure that the system isn't having speed issues:

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...ps-and-restart
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I think you're right

Thanks, Matt. Went back and re-read the info about 1.5, and I think that's the case. Handy feature, just need to get used to it. I'm sorry I sounded so peevish about it!

No problem! We're looking at making it an option in a future version so that you don't have to have it enabled if you don't want to use that particular feature.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I seem to be struggling with the latest version, although I'm not even sure if it's really the most recent version. It says 1.5 when I open the app...not 1.5.1, but when I checked in the App Store, no update was available. I was afraid to delete the app and reinstall, since I didn't want to lose any paintings, and wasn't sure how to be sure they were backed up! I back up my iPad all the time, but didn't know if the paintings were included.

The current issues include the app continuing to crash, despite clearing the memory, through your recommended steps. Also, my most recent painting looks right in the gallery, but even I try to open the painting to work on it, it looks blank. If I go back to the gallery, it looks fine.

Any help would be appreciated...thank you!

If there isn't an update available in the app store then you have 1.5.1 - The exact version can be found on the Quick Start page of the help section at the top right.

Backing up painting files is done via the iTunes file sharing system:

1. Plug your iPad in to the computer you sync with and locate the iPad in iTunes.
    2. On the 'Apps' tab of the iPad's info page, scroll down to the File Sharing section and locate ArtRage in the list of apps in that section.
    3. Click ArtRage and on the right hand side of the list of apps is a list of all the files you have saved. They can be dragged to your desktop computer to back them up.

Once that is done it is safe to remove the application from the iPad and reinstall it. Once you have reinstalled you can drag the paintings back in to that list to restore them to your gallery.

If you're experiencing crashes after closing parked apps and rebooting then we can look in to it to find out what is happening - However, please make sure you have followed the instructions exactly from this thread:

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...ps-and-restart

It's really important that you close ArtRage then follow those instructions or your iPad won't properly clear everything out. The problems you're experiencing sound like resource issues that should be fixed with a reboot. We have also seen a few situations in which a newly updated version of the app can have problems until a reboot if the app was running when it was updated.

If that doesn't solve the problems please send us an email (support@artrage.com) and we will look in to it directly to find out what's going on.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Matt,

Thanks for the response. I have followed the steps to reboot the ipad, with no luck. To the best of my knowledge, I've done it correctly, but my hunch is that the ipad is not actually rebooting so I will try again.

For backing up my ipad, I generally backup through icloud so that's why I wasn't sure if the files get backed up. I haven't synced it through my computer in quite some time but I will follow your recommended steps before deleting the app.

Thanks,
    Elisa

If it does persist please do get in touch and we can take a look at any crash logs that have been saved to work out what is happening. We're working on another update currently and monitoring any crash logs that come in to see if there are issues we can resolve.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I guess I have no choice but to try to delete the app, but first I need to pull out my rarely used laptop to try to ensure that my paintings aren't lost! I started a new painting from scratch (after rebooting again, as per the instructions) but the same problems continue and now I'm just wasting my time. I really hope this works, but I'll let you know either way. Thanks for the support. I love this app, but I hate losing my hard work.

Instead of deleting the app a this point, get in touch with us at support@artrage.com and we'll get the crash logs from you and see if we can see what is happening.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.