Thread: MSI Installer Package

Gallery
    View images

MSI Installer Package

Will there ever be an MSI installer package for ArtRage?

I only ask this because things like Software Deployment (both at Home and at a Business) which uses GPO for installing software would be easier if ArtRage did.

Not only that, but Windows Installer (MSI 3.0) is the industry standard now for installing programs on a Windows machine.

Ray.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Ray. It's on our 'to do' list. It could be as early as the next ArtRage update.
    We've had many requests from schools for an MSI installer.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Hi Ray. It's on our 'to do' list. It could be as early as the next ArtRage update.
    We've had many requests from schools for an MSI installer.
    Do people really find it that hard to use other installers?

I mean, it's hardly rocket science! :roll:

Then again, some have trouble using a toaster! :lol:

Gallery
    View images
    It's not ease of use that's the problem. MSI installers have advantage when doing bulk installs, or installations over networks.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Yeah, i don't mind having to go around to all the computers on the network and manually install the program, i am fine with that.

But when you have over 300 computers, going around to each one in order to manually install a program is just plain stupid, MSI makes that easier by allowing you to use Group Policy to install the application/update when the computer is starting up (using system rights instead of user rights), it even allows you to ensure that the program is installed on a select number of computers (eg. Administration computers) that might be located all around the business.

And thanks for the speedy reply AndyRage, it is good to know that an MSI is being worked on, ArtRage is an excellent program for kids.

Ray