ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Non-contiguous selection with magic wand?

Non-contiguous selection with magic wand?

I feel like I must just be overlooking something, but I can't seem to find a way to make non-contiguous color selections with the magic wand...for example I would like like to replace ALL the instances
    of a certain color in a large, complex piece, but all I can seem to do is select areas that are bounded by another color...please help my blind eyes see what must be an obvious option somewhere in there!

There isn't an option to select all instances of a non contiguous colour unfortunately. Holding down Shift and clicking in another area will add the results of the magic wand sleection to the current selection but there's no way to automate that process.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt...please consider this a request for that feature in the next iteration of Artrage...I know Artrage was never intended as a traditional bitmap editor
    but I think the option of non-contiguous selection would be useful and is a standard in other programs of this type...that said, I love Artrage, and have stopped
    using Painter altogether because the brushes in Artrage are SO much better and smoother and the interface is much more intuitive and streamlined...keep
    up the great work and I sure can't wait for the Android App!

Matt may I add to Shaka's observations Artrage is so much better than Painter but the ability to non-contiguously select with the magic wand is so useful for the project I have in mind I can't think of a way round it

Please be assured I am an Artrage fan :-) Oh, while I'm at it, I wish the programme gave us New Zealand spellings as an option :-)