ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem After Update

Problem After Update

Just after I updated the program on my iPad app the color pick choices won't stay in place. It bounces to other colors and won't paint at all! It just keeps bouncing and even going to a blank white. I was using the oil paint and brushes. First time I couldn't paint at all. Help please. Marilyn

I'm not seeing a problem with the colour picker here so it sounds like you might be triggering the colour sampler - If you tap and hold on one spot the colour sampler becomes active and samples colours. You can tell this is happening because a curve with the current colour appears above your finger. The colour sampler is only triggered if you hold on one spot at the start of a colour stroke for just under a second - Are you seeing the curve appear above your finger?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Still experiencing difficulty

Thanks Matt for the fast reply. I see what you mean about the color sampler. Indeed I do see the arch over the brush that goes to white and then bounces to another color. However it is happening if I even slow down to paint a detail. It is acting like I have just touched the toggle to get a matching color. It instantly switches and after these several years of painting I am sure that my technique for painting hasn't changed. I did a painting in the afternoon before the update with no problem. I use a little round tipped stylus on my iPad. I absolutely can not paint. It is just switching all over the place. I tried other media and had trouble too. I don't think it is me. As I said I painted a picture like an hour before the update and posted on the web site. It is called Birds Of A Feather. No problem. Just tried to paint again to test and I really can't. Well, don't know what to do. Hope this helps. Marilyn

The colour sampler system can only trigger at the start of a stroke, so if you slow down while painting a stroke, even to the point of standing still, there should be no way it could trigger unless the stroke has briefly been stopped and restarted. There are two things I can think of here:

First, check that you're not accidentally lifting the stylus or your finger while painting. If you're painting very softly then you may be registering multiple stroke events which would trigger the tap/hold system looking for colour sampler input again.

Second, close all parked apps and reboot the iPad in case something odd is going on with system resources, there are instructions in our FAQ Forum here.

If it still occurs could you drop an email to support@artrage.com and we can look in to it for you. We'll need to know which model iPad you're using and whether you're seeing it with a stylus, finger, or both.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Definite improvment

I remembered this afternoon that I had not cleaned up my first generation iPad and rebooted it. I also deleted and reinstalled the Artrage app. I then decided that the perfect test was to actually paint a painting and I was able to. Things were going exceedingly well and then I thought I experienced a glitch but on the whole I was able to paint and I enclose my test painting. Thanks for the help. It may indeed be licked. I will let you know if I have any further problems. Always seems to help to clean things up. Marilyn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunflower Sun.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	252.9 KB 
ID:	76539