ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Presets Missing

Presets Missing

So, with the new update it appears that all the brush presets have disappeared. Any idea what happened? There used to be several for each brush type.

We can see presets locally in the release version of 1.5 for all tools that have them (Chalk, for example, doesn't have any default presets). Could you let us know which tool is missing presets and whether any presets at all are visible or if only user presets have gone?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

All presets for all tools are missing. See photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	330.6 KB 
ID:	76524

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	330.4 KB 
ID:	76523

The paint tube didn't have presets originally but the watercolour did. Could you try doing a clean install of the product? It could be that a preference from the older version means that the default preset installation hasn't triggered. Before doing a clean install please make sure you back up your painting files via the iTunes file sharing system so that you don't lose them.

I'll check in to it and if a clean install is required we'll look at changing that in an update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

A clean install fixed it. Thanks so much.

We're just testing a potential solution - The issue is that the presets shifted to a slightly different location but because the app was updated rather than installed clean, the flag that is set to make it copy presets in to the correct location on first launch had already been set, hence no presets copied. We'll be submitting a 1.5.1 to resolve this shortly if testing goes well.

Update: Testing went well, we have uploaded 1.5.1 ready for approval. It may take a few days but the app will be updated shortly to resolve this problem. We are writing instructions on how to work around it in the meantime at the top of the forum.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

fix confirmed - close app, uninstall, reset ipad, reinstall

Initially I checked my simplest (just one) customized preset (pastel) and indeed it was "empty" as were were all other tools. Standard protocol for troubleshooting an iOS app, (close - uninstall - reset (reboot) - reinstall) worked. First step in Apple iOS troubleshooting, folks. To the great people supporting Artrage users, you continue to rock!

I see the issue had been updated for successful results by the time I got here to suggest same. thank you to the makers of Artrage for creating an app to make digital art so rich of an experience, and for such little cost. what you have put into the hands of the willing and able, well, it's really valued. THANK YOU ARTRAGE!