ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How can i rotate stickers so they can function as brushes?! [Picture included]

Exclamation How can i rotate stickers so they can function as brushes?! [Picture included]

i've recently downloaded some PS brushes from Deviant Art that look like hair to use 'em on AR using the sticker tool, but whenever i use them they turn up to be sideways instead of showing up looking like actual flowing hair.

Here's a pic in case my explanation wasn't clear: Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  29.1 KB

After you have the brush you want? you go in to "settings" and you set the "rotation" in spray variation to 0,and you can also set the spray rate at your liking

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    After you have the brush you want? you go in to "settings" and you set the "rotation" in spray variation to 0,and you can also set the spray rate at your liking
    it didn't help same thing happened!

There's a menu option in the Spray Variants panel that will set up the spray as a brush head for you. Open the variants panel and in the top left area of it you'll see a menu button (next to Base Value and Sheet Row). Click that and select Set Up Settings for Image Brush. Then, set the 'Stroke Direction' value for 'Rotation' (just to the right of the Pen Rotation value for Rotation) to 100%. That will rotate the sticker brush head around the direction of the stroke.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    There's a menu option in the Spray Variants panel that will set up the spray as a brush head for you. Open the variants panel and in the top left area of it you'll see a menu button (next to Base Value and Sheet Row). Click that and select Set Up Settings for Image Brush. Then, set the 'Stroke Direction' value for 'Rotation' (just to the right of the Pen Rotation value for Rotation) to 100%. That will rotate the sticker brush head around the direction of the stroke.
    Yes Matt, but how to save the parameters, just to not have every time to made the same corrections; all the brush for trees, flowers, branch, grass, need the same parameters, every time I use it I need to redefine the stroke direction and to erase the pen rotation. How to save brush in spray with a variant differents ? And keep it for the future ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pierremandal View Post
    Yes Matt, but how to save the parameters, just to not have every time to made the same corrections; all the brush for trees, flowers, branch, grass, need the same parameters, every time I use it I need to redefine the stroke direction and to erase the pen rotation. How to save brush in spray with a variant differents ? And keep it for the future ?

thanks
    Once you've made the changes you want, pick the 'New Preset' button in the Presets panel and save it as a new brush.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!