ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stay inside the lines? Not always

Stay inside the lines? Not always

Name:  inside-the-lines.png
Views: 343
Size:  143.6 KB
    Time can put the pressure on when you're trying to finish panels for a webcomic. One thing I do when I get to adding color is to apply color in sequence. If you take the time to carefully add color and stay inside the lines of every object in your image it can slow progress down to a crawl. As you can see in the far left panel, I lay in the background colors with no concern about them bleeding over into the foreground characters. Once I get to coloring that part of the panel I will cover up any of the background color that went over the lines. I continue this process as I build the color within a panel, staying inside the lines only where it is critical (will not be overlapped by another color). You can see how sloppy I laid in the dark brown color for one character's head and hands because I knew I would come back in and paint over that with the yellow for his suit. This process will help shave seconds, then minutes off each panel you have to color.

Thank you! This is very helpful to me.

Terrific work Dpallee!

This is something to keep in consideration.