ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Dova

Dova

For all those gorgeous people who supported me through the loss of my poodle Lily, and then rejoiced when I got a new borzoi puppy, I thought you might like to see a photo of Dova at 7 months old.

She is the most glorious doggie/person, now 32 kgs and 29 inches at the shoulder, able to discuss life's matters eyeball to eyeball with her feet on MY shoulders. I am tall!

She visits the elderly at our local Nursing Home, and is gentle, respectful and tolerant. We can see the lights go on in their eyes, no matter how disabled or demented they are.

She won her first puppy class at the Borzoi Show , and is off to her next one on the 10th. She's a bit of an amateur at that, and so am I, but we'll get there. She has been pronounced a beautiful specimen of her breed, so we'll have a bit of fun with her.

We are taking her Lure Coursing at the next meeting in spring, where she will chase a motorized lure in a big field, just for fun and exercise. She is a 'sighthound', so will chase anything that moves, so cats and small dogs are off the agenda at our house!

She is beautiful, clever, naughty, stubborn and very affectionate, and we adore her!

Attachment 76461

She's 70% nose, but cute as she can be.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

She sure is a beauty Robyn, good luck in the show ring.
    Geoff

Thanks Geoff and George. Yes, the 'why the long face?' joke gets pulled out often.

she has so beautiful and pleasant face. Love her

She is lovely and a winner for sure

happy for you. what a sweetheart she is!

What a beauty! And soulful eyes.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

She's just glorious, though she is getting me up at 5am at the moment which is a bit boring. Now she's gone back to bed (5.47) and I'm awake!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    She's just glorious, though she is getting me up at 5am at the moment which is a bit boring. Now she's gone back to bed (5.47) and I'm awake!
    I have alarm cats to get me up super early in the morning. When they go off, I try to whack down their snooze buttons, but they're too quick. Heck, it's the changing of the guard outside and all the nocturnal animals are going to bed and the rest are sleepy eyed and looking for food. . . which the cats exploit no doubt. But bloody hell. . . shut up! Which they do, but they're like little kids, not talking, but making noises scurrying about all over, all wound up to greet the new day.

They're creatures of habit for sure. No idea whether dogs have the same motivation, but it's all a youthful joie de' vivre which sometimes gets overly exuberant.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream