ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Best Printer to Use With ArtRage

Best Printer to Use With ArtRage

I really want to make my watercolors and oil painting on ArtRage look like the real deal and print them up on watercolor paper and canvas paper in various odd sizes ( 11x 14 and 10 x 20 or even big) and seal them or frame them or use them as jumping off points for mixed media. I did manage to get preliminary sketches on watercolor paper for floral water colors and it did make it easier than sketching right on the paper because there was not a risk of erasing and wrecking the paper and the ink dissolves nicely unlike pencil, but i had to really bitc*slap my cannon into it and she made it clear that there will be limited choices she will let me make that don't involve her official papers she was made for. But there is thousands of reasons to want to print on watercolor paper, like do the whole painting on art rage, heck what if I want to print on paper I make myself?

I can blow a grand or 2, there has got to be something I can buy out there that will let me print on anything, any size so that all this tantalizing stuff happening on the screen can happen on the wall right? Untill ArtRage I had no interest in computers so forgive my ignorance, everyone I know right now uses their printers for photos and artrage stuff looks great on photo papers but I want more, I guess I want a painting and not just a nice glossy photo of a painting. Thanks.

Info on printers

You might want to check redriver catalog.com. This company specializes in digital papers and card stock. Under inkjet tips they list their recommendations for the best inkjet printers for greeting card stock and other heavy paper stock. Good luck with your search

A good beginning point is the Epson Workforce 1100. 125$. Oversized up to 12 x 18 or longer (13" wide max). Can easily take 140 lb watercolor paper. And produces nice prints that easily look like watercolors. Additionally, the inks are waterproof and archival, so if you want to do additional work on the piece, they won't smear at all, and they don't fade in gentle sun, like other inks would.

Epson printers in general are a good place to look if you're looking for high quality printers that aren't "huge/ industrial" sized printers. They make larger ones for professionals that can print things up to something like 16-18" wide, but that's about the max. I think those run somewhere around 1000$.

For 150$ or less, the Workforce is a good place to start, IMO. I've had good success with it.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/