ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My first digital drawing (third drawing overall)

My first digital drawing (third drawing overall)

Trying to self teach me to draw.My third drawing and first digital one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angelina jolie portrait_final.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	76437  

Excellent start. Great work, maybe just one pupil (on the right) looks evidently in a higher than due position to me.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I think this is really good, the only 'criticism' I'd have is that the eyes don't match - it looks fine when I cover half of her face, and fine when look at the other half, but together there is something off. I think Caesar is right, it's the pupils. I'd also break the line around the eye on the right - it looks like it's surrounded by a full circle/eclipse. Smudging it a bit might help. But seriously, this is really good, better than my attempt at a first portrait (also Angelina!).

Thanks everyone for your great feedback. It is really constructive and inspiring. I will probably try your suggestions this weekend to see how it goes. I tried a couple of other digital drawing software packages but I think that Artrage is the easiest one to learn (and its very powerful also). No need to mention the low price tag.

Mirithiar, I think Angelina's face is good to practice drawing, since she has uncommon eyes and lips. The lips were the most difficult part for me to draw in her portrait, let me tell you.

Thanks to the Artrage team for a low cost but powerful software, and thank you guys in the forum for your great advise. I'll be hanging a lot more in the forum.