ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Anybody making money with selling your digital paintings?

Anybody making money with selling your digital paintings?

Hi people,

I'm wondering if any of you is actually making any money selling your digital (Artrage) paintings? Any services/websites you can recommend where you can sell your art (e.g. upload your files as graphics and the service is dealing with the whole ordering/printing on canvas stuff etc.) - I'm sure something like that exists (In fact it does - Google has lots of sites here. But which one is recommendable?!)

EDITED: I have made a forum search and found a reference to fineartamerica.com - anybody using this?

Thanks a lot!
    Marco
    Last edited by marcotronic; 07-28-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Alrighty then... I'm just making the experiment and see if I'm selling anything on fineartamerica Just created an account for free and uploaded my latest painting and a couple of photos.

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/marco-neumann.html

Let's see...

Marco

Hey there, a lot of people like to use Zazzle. I'm still working out the details on my zazzle, but I have my own blog that showcases my art and I send people there. I work by commission. It's not steady work, but for me the art is a stress reducer, so the money is just a plus when it happens.

Zazzle is a website where you can design your own items (Like T-shirts, mugs and bags) and many people use their digital arts for it. Also there are several accomplished authors using digital book format and printed books, and a couple folks who have their own websites that vary from comics to card design. edit: I forgot that there are some video game designers on here as well.

The forums are most active in the gallery.

Good luck with your sales!
    Last edited by MJSparks; 07-29-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks a lot, Mags. I've just tried Zazzle but it's just not my cup of tea... I find the adminstration of the whole thing completely confusing and not intuitive at all. With FineArtAmerica I was up and running with a few products within a couple of minutes basically but I haven't managed to create a single product for sale on Zazzle after 20 minutes and I have given up (and I'm a web technology based software developer specialized on user interfaces myself (main profession...))

Marco

Hmm, maybe that is why I haven't been able to get mine up and running! I will check out the place you mentioned too.

No, no money except the pure joy of painting, which tends to vanish when I mix money and painting.

I have a smugmug site (see my sig below) and I love the technology. It is a very good site IMO and the quality of their printing is absolutely outstanding.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Right now only a 5 year old would buy a picture from me.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

I print and sell at Artist Markets and word of mouth, which works for me.