ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Upgrading to ArtRage 4 / How do I know if I qualify? ( i.e. have previously upgraded)

Upgrading to ArtRage 4 / How do I know if I qualify? ( i.e. have previously upgraded)

Just a question relating to the point in the upgrade process where the upgrade window states...

"If you have any problems and need to enter your coupon code manually in the store, please use this code: made up example XYZ-12345678"

Does one get such a code regardless of whether one qualifies or not (assuming there was a problem)?

If I do get a code, but yet dont qualify is this not a bit confusing, or perhaps I genuinely do qualify still? (System responed with code entered was invalid)

(Im still not a 100% sure if I have upgraded in past at discounted rate or upgraded in past at full cost, dont remember now)

Could AR please clarify

Maybe the invalid code message could be reworded with "It appears that you have previously upgraded at 50% off in past therefore fall outside the criteria for the AR4.0 upgrade special"

Many Thanks
    Last edited by iceaxe; 07-28-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

If you have already upgraded with the serial number you used to trigger the upgrade process then the coupon won't work. At the moment the store's system works internal to their own account system so we don't have a way to automatically tell you that you have already upgraded. That's something we're working on currently to help automate the process.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Future Upgrades from 4.0 to 5.0 / New Question

Thanks Matt
    Your reply has raised a new question...
    If an 3.XYZ ARer purchases 4.0 at full price, will they then qualify for an upgrade to 5.0 at 50% whenever it is in the future that 5.0 is released etc
    If yes, then I will upgrade, if nay I will probably wait etc
    Thanks Again
    Last edited by iceaxe; 07-29-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

I can't say anything for sure because it's way too early to be thinking about any AR5 upgrades but our approach has always been that if you own a license of ArtRage, you get a discount on any paid upgrade we do. So by that model whether or not you upgrade to 4 you would still get a discount on a future upgrades.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I've located a previous purchase you made where you bought ArtRage 4 and received the upgrade discount for upgrading from ArtRage 3 to ArtRage 4. This will be why you're not seeing it anymore when you click to upgrade from the member area.

I've sent you an email with the details and included your ArtRage 4 serial number so that you can download the software in case you don't have it.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design