ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bosto Kingtee 14-wa LED graphics tablet

Bosto Kingtee 14-wa LED graphics tablet

Hi ,
    I purchased ArtRage 4 on the steam sale and want to use it with my Bosto Kingtee 14-wa LED graphics tablet .
    But sadly it will not work correctly , the pen will activate ArtRages Menus and pods ect but the pen will not draw on the paper ?
    The Kingtee tablet works fine with Manga studio 5 . My paint , SAI ,Modo , 3d coat ect

any ideas how it get it working with Artrage ?
    Artrage has some really nice features I would like to use

My system is a Asus ET2300 i7 8gb Ram windows 8

Thanks Sen

Sorry to hear you're having problems. There are two input standards for Windows 8 ( both of which are supported by ArtRage ), RTS ( realtime stylus ) and wintab. RTS is the standard to be using for tablets with integrated screens like yours.

What you're describing sounds like a pressure problem, and the other applications your tablet is working with don't support RTS to the best of my knowledge. Because we support both standards, we're looking for input from both. Your tablet is probably sending pressure data via wintab rather than RTS so try this:

Edit -> ArtRage Preferences -> Turn OFF 'use realtime stylus'

Restart ArtRage when prompted.

If that doesn't help, try the reverse, realtime stylus ON, wintab OFF.

If you still have problems ( make sure you're using the latest drivers for your tablet just in case first ), please email me at support@artrage.com. If either of these solutions help, please let me know if possible.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks Daverage for your help ,
    after more research I find that the Bosto kingtee 14-wa dose NOT support windows 8 and I am told that there are NO Plans to support windows 8 ,
    which seams crazy to me seeing that they have only been producing the 14wa for 6 months , If they will not support windows 8 then their future is limited .
    I have only had this tablet 2 days and already its useless to me , Bosto are not replying to my emails , they have my money
    Anyway I have done what I should have done in the 1st place , I ve ordered A wacom Cintiq 13 HD
    A decent tablet from a trustworthy company

It will teach me not to try saving money by buying cheap products from unknown companies
    Now to spread the word that "Bosto Kingtee are NO GOOD and Not to buy them "

Thanks again for your help
    cya later when I have my Cintiq 13 HD

Thanks for letting me know, I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with getting support. You may find that making sure that wintab is on and Realtime stylus is off in ArtRage in Edit -> Preferences -> Input Devices with the current tablet will get things working for you ( as the other apps are most likely using that ).

I'll be happy to do some troubleshooting directly with you in the meantime if that doesn't help, feel free to email me at support@artrage.com.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design